Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition Video Card

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition Video Card

Post by Apoptosis »

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition Video Card Review

The GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition graphics card is a sharp looking graphics card. Ignoring the sexy black anodized aluminum shroud and the three fans to keep this beast cool, the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition comes to the party well armed. Along with its looks, the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition brings to the party the fastest core of any of the GeForce GTX 470's out there! Read on to see how it performs against our field of competitors!

Last week when we took a look at the EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Hydro Copper FTW I was impressed with the GeForce GTX 470 series. Quite possibly because it is an overclocked version it was able to have a leg up on the HIS Radeon HD 5870. Today, I am even more impressed with the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition. One of the reasons is the price to performance ratio. Last week the EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Hydro Copper could be found for $459.99 at EVGA.com. Today we can find the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition for only $279.99 plus $3.99 shipping at newegg.com. At the end of last week there was a bit of a price war between AMD and NVIDIA which caused a drop in several of the NVIDIA GeForce series cards.

Article Title: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition Video Card
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1431/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $279.99 plus $3.99 shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
lordvic
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock Edition Video C

Post by lordvic »

This card is a beauty! from 700 core to 838, and compared to 607 on reference, that's over 230Mhz OC on the core!

Just a little tip for using Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty as a benchmark; press ALT+CTRL+F to bring up the hidden FPS indicator. That way you won't need to use FRAPS. Additionally, SC2 only utilizes up to two Cores, so if you have anything more, it does nothing.
Cooler Master HAF 932 // Phenom II 1090T @ 4.1GHz (not 110% stable) // ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX // Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler // Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 @ 1150/1500 // 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJaws + 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill RipJawsX @1600 8-9-8-21-1T // Corsair TX850 // Corsair ForceGT 120GB SSD // Kingston V200+ 120GB SSD // WD Caviar Black 1TB // LiteON DVD-RW // Windows 7 Ult. 64-bit
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

lordvic wrote:This card is a beauty! from 700 core to 838, and compared to 607 on reference, that's over 230Mhz OC on the core!

Just a little tip for using Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty as a benchmark; press ALT+CTRL+F to bring up the hidden FPS indicator. That way you won't need to use FRAPS. Additionally, SC2 only utilizes up to two Cores, so if you have anything more, it does nothing.
does the built-in FPS indicator record and average the FPS? That is why we use FRAPS.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
willardcw4
Legit User
Legit User

Post by willardcw4 »

This really is a beast of a card... I'd say the best 470GTX available on the market.

I'm excited to see that Gigabyte is releasing a similar SOC card with the Windforce cooling system for a 480GTX, although it seems a bit odd to release it a week before the 580GTX..? I'm still sure it will perform much better than the 480 reference, especially in regards to heat and noise!
Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ