Psyko Audio 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Psyko Audio Lab's PsykoWave Technology empowers PC Gamers with what they call an unfair advantage over the competition through precise 3D sound that drastically heightens awareness of your gaming surroundings. Players can instantly identify and locate every gun shot, footstep, and explosion allowing for faster reaction times, higher player performance, and the most immersive gaming experience to date. Could a gaming headset really change your experience so much?

I did not like this headset at all when I first took it out of the box, but after an extensive "Burn In" period the headset really started to transform into what I had expected it would be and it has become my favorite headset to use.
Article Title: Psyko Audio 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1441/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $169.99 Open Box
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Deanzsyclone
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Psyko Audio 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset Review

Post by Deanzsyclone »

Had to return mine. Everyone kept telling me that they could barely haer me, and that was with the mic setting maxed out in my options. Volume of the headphones with that amp was a bit weak too. Tried a optional sound card installed but that did nothing to improve the low mic volume. Bummer.
Microwaving my instant coffee just isn't fast enough.
BrianG
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by BrianG »

Thats a bummer... I used both the Realtek on board sound, and a Sound Blaster X-FI card and my team mates said they could hear me loud and clear. I never ran into any problems with volume at all on the mic or through the speakers.

In reading a lot of the feedback I am getting on this headset it appears that people either love them or they hate them. I would be curious to find out if there are not huge quality fluctuations in the manufacturing of this headset. The folks that really hate this headset seem amazed that I actually ended up liking it, and some of the folks that really like the headset seem to have RMA'd a set or two of these before they got one they liked and wanted to stick with.
leexgx
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by leexgx »

been looking at 5.1 headsets (even thought i do quite well with the X-FI the 5.1 to headphone converter ability to make stereo like 5.1 when playing games, i get called and banned quite often due to me knowing where they are when they are making noises not my fault they are not using there heads correctly:) )

item seems like it cost to much thought but the way it has been made looks very good, can you recommend on here any good 5.1 head sets this £15 headset i got right now not very good (last headset i got left speaker stopped working) i was looking at an Trust 5.1 i think you reviewed in the past