SilverStone Sugo SG07 Mini-ITX PC Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

SilverStone has crafted a Mini-ITX, small form factor chassis that will fit the largest video cards available while offering a hefty power-supply to support just about anything you can fit inside. Have a look at our review on the SilverStone Sugo SG07 PC case to see if it passed the scrutiny of our critical eyes!

SilverStone has done a nice job with their Sugo SG07 and accomplished what they set out to do. Build a small form factor case that will house the biggest graphics cards available while having the built-in power to handle it and the rest of the system. All this comes with the quality and aesthetics that one expects from a company like SilverStone.
Article Title: SilverStone Sugo SG07 Mini-ITX PC Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1458/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $207 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
JGarcia
Legit User
Legit User

Re: SilverStone Sugo SG07 Mini-ITX PC Case Review

Post by JGarcia »

Really Great Review! (as always) Case is pretty nice. Im in the market to build a new HTPC myself. I have been shopping around and this case just seems a little steep. Keep up the great job Legit!
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

Nice job on the review Joe! This a great case! It's tough enough to find an ATX case that will fit a beast like the 5970, let alone a Mini-ITX! Definitely geared toward the gaming side rather than a low power HTPC.
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Too bad they don't see it without the PSU since I'd want a much smaller one for HTPC duties.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

They have a SG05 & SG06 which are smaller cases.
Joe
hnzw_rui
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hnzw_rui »

gwolfman wrote:Too bad they don't see it without the PSU since I'd want a much smaller one for HTPC duties.
Silverstone has a bunch of other cases ideal for SFF HTPC (Lascala). The Sugo series seem more targetted towards mini-powerhouses - single GPU gaming systems with little to no compromise in performance.
File Server/Media Encoder/PVR PC
Antec P182 / Corsair 550VX / Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R / Core 2 Duo E7200 @ 2.53 / Wintec AMPX 2x2GB DDR2 800 / Sapphire 100233L Radeon HD 3450 / WD Caviar SE16 750GB x3 / WD Caviar GP 750GB / Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7190A x2 / XP Pro SP2

unRAID Server
Antec 300 / Corsair 520HX / Abit AB9 Pro / Celeron 430 @ 1.80 / Kingston ValueRAM 2x1GB DDR2 667 / ATI Rage XL / Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB x9 / unRAID 4.3.3
jbheller
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by jbheller »

Thanks for the review. I seriously considered this case for my LAN party computer system.

I eventually chose the Lian Li PC-Q08 (red). They offer a lot of similar features, but in the end the Lian Li offered two features that the silverstone didn't.

I wanted to cool my system with a corsair closed loop water cooler, and this needs a suitably place 120mm fan hole. The Lian Li had such a fan position and the Silverstone didn't. Also I wanted front panel USB 3.0 ports as the Zotac Z68 motherboard provided them, and again the silverstone didn't. I have bought usb 3.0 external hard drives and memory keys, and the extra speed is great.

The silverstone looks a bit roomier and the included power suppply puts it at a better price point that the Lian Li PCQ-08. The Lian Li was a difficult build, quite fidly.

A modular power supply is not always that much of a benefit. Apart from being longer in most cases than a non-managed power supply there is often little advantage. I ended up using a thermalte non managed 700w power supply in my build and only one cable was unused. There would be virtually no difference in the number of cables that has to be tied up and tucked away if i went for something managed.

If you are looking for modular power supplies for smaller builds you should be looking at units with 120mm fans, not 130 or 140 as this makes the whole power supply longer. Be aware that the length of the power supply as quoted on newegg or the manufacturers site do not show how far the modular connectors and cables protrude, so you need to add about 20mm. In the case of the pc-q08 lian li case, this meant the the cosair hx-650 would barely fit, and almost nothing else would,

I accidently ordered a hx-850 and there is no way it would fit. Ended up giving it to my son rather than waste money paying freight back to the supplier.

After a few swaps and changes from the original build, this is my current system. It is very quick and totally silent.

“Red Cube” PC – Mini-ITX Gaming Rig
• Lian Li PC-Q08R Case
• Zotac Z68-A-E Wifi ITX motherboard
• Intel i5-2500K CPU
• MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozer III
• 8 Gigs of Corsair 1600 Meg DDR3 RAM
• Corsair 120GB Force 3 GT SSD SATA III
• 2 Tb WD Hard Drive SATA III
• Corsair H60 Water Cooler with Noctua NF-P12 High pressure fan
• Corsair HX-650 Power Supply
• Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive
• BitFenix Spectre Pro 140mm Black Tinted Red LED Fan