Thermaltake TT eSPORTS Challeger Pro Gaming Keyboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

When was the last time that you upgraded your keyboard? The Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Pro Series keyboards has red backlighting, 10 Macro keys and even has a cooling fan on it! The idea behind the fan, is to dry your sweaty hands caused by the rise of adrenaline during gaming. The Tt eSPORTS CHALLENGER Pro Gaming Keyboard costs under $70 as well, which might make it an ideal gift for the upcoming holiday season.

What I liked most about the Thermaltake TT eSPORTS Challenger Pro keyboard was its ability to load up to four different profiles. In Starcraft II, this gave me the ability to use the same key to produce units regardless of which race (Terran, Protoss, or Zerg) I was playing. Being able to adjust the timing of the macro key is another feature which I thought was very cool. I also liked the overall keyboard look and feel and the ability to adjust the LED back light illumination of the keys. It’s got a nice long detachable USB cable and carry bags for both the keyboard and cable making it easy to transport to a friends house or to a competition. I was just at Blizzcon 2010 and saw several of the professional gamers pulling their keyboards out of carrying cases similar one included with the Challenger Pro...

Article Title: Thermaltake TT eSPORTS Challeger Pro Gaming Keyboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1459/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $69.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Thermaltake TT eSPORTS Challeger Pro Gaming Keyboard Rev

Post by Sttm »

Would anyone actually use those macro keys on the right side?

I wish they would stop putting extra macro keys on the sides that you cant hit without leaving WASD or the Mouse, and put some below the spacebar which you could easily hit with your thumb.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

What they ought to do is put macros on a little detachable keypad that will attach to either the right or the left based on the users preference. Shouldn't cost more than about $10US extra to do something like that.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
AzureNightmareX1
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by AzureNightmareX1 »

Half the time I cant even get extra macro keys to work.
Co-Owner, Co-Founder, Community Manager - Gamer Theory Media
thwaak
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by thwaak »

Sttm wrote:Would anyone actually use those macro keys on the right side?

I wish they would stop putting extra macro keys on the sides that you cant hit without leaving WASD or the Mouse, and put some below the spacebar which you could easily hit with your thumb.
Left handed players like myself would use them. It's very difficult to find a keyboard which can be used by lefthanded players - I started gaming using the numeric keys and despite trying several times just haven't been able to retrain...

My only question is can the default keys be overwritten and does it include odds keys like numlock...