HIS Radeon HD 6850 IceQ X Turbo 1GB Video Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

If you want to play the top DX11 game these days a high-end card is a must. The HIS Radeon HD 6850 Turbo with IceQ X cooling is a really nice card at a really reasonable price. This card should keep up with the other cards in its class in the performance benchmarks, but stay way cooler than most of them since it uses an aftermarket GPU cooler. We put it to the test against several other AMD Radeon HD 6850 video cards to see which comes out on top!

Most of the AMD Radeon HD 6850 graphics cards that I have looked at recently have been based on the reference design of the card and tended to produce a bit of heat. The HIS Radeon HD 6850 Turbo (H685QNT1GD) is actually built on a shorter length PCB coupled with the IceQ cooler to try and combat heat and give the card a killer look. With a stock 820MHz GPU clock speed 1GB of GDDR5 memory clocked at 4400MHz, the HIS Radeon HD 6850 Turbo is aimed squarely at the gaming market, and rightfully so because we as gamers demand awesome graphics, and we are only going to go out and spend our money on a high end card that we know is a proven winner and will let us squeeze every last frame rate we need and deserve out of a video card...
Article Title: HIS Radeon HD 6850 IceQ X Turbo 1GB Video Card Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1559/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $189.99 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: HIS Radeon HD 6850 IceQ X Turbo 1GB Video Card Review

Post by Major_A »

I didn't see it mentioned in the article. Did you try to unlock the shaders?
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/ove ... idcard/159
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

This is a Radeon HD 6850, so it's a totally different core and no BIOS switch
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Duh! I'm still used to the the HD x8xx series being the highend.
djpinc19
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by djpinc19 »

There's a misleading description on the last page within the second paragraph. :axe:
The IceQ X cooler was very quiet; as a matter of fact, it was the quietest card we looked at and to me it was the coolest looking. The IceQ design is nice and it does keep the card much cooler than the reference style coolers, but here we can see that the XFX card's Vapor X type setup was about 6C cooler than the IceQ during idle. But the IceQ ramped it up and there was only a 2C degree difference while under 100% load. So, not only did the IceQ perform very well in every game and benchmark we threw at it, it is also quiet and cool.
The sentence puts XFX in possession of the Vapor X design, which is incorrect. Additionally, Page 4 - The Test System has no mention of a Vapor X 6850 design, but instead a Toxic edition.
BrianG
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by BrianG »

djpinc19 wrote:There's a misleading description on the last page within the second paragraph. :axe:
The IceQ X cooler was very quiet; as a matter of fact, it was the quietest card we looked at and to me it was the coolest looking. The IceQ design is nice and it does keep the card much cooler than the reference style coolers, but here we can see that the XFX card's Vapor X type setup was about 6C cooler than the IceQ during idle. But the IceQ ramped it up and there was only a 2C degree difference while under 100% load. So, not only did the IceQ perform very well in every game and benchmark we threw at it, it is also quiet and cool.
The sentence puts XFX in possession of the Vapor X design, which is incorrect. Additionally, Page 4 - The Test System has no mention of a Vapor X 6850 design, but instead a Toxic edition.
The cooler on the the XFX card was a vapor chamber cooler very similar to Vapor X hence the reason I said Vapor X "type" and did not call it an actual Vapor X.