Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

More and more companies are coming to market with high end gaming headsets that are squarely aimed at the enthusiast crowd. Most of these headsets come with a premium price tag and lack the sound quality to be a truly great product. Does the Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset fall into this category or do they break the mold? Looks like you are going to have to read on to see if they hit the mark or fell flat.

I said it earlier and I will say it again; this is the best sounding headset I have ever reviewed. No matter what format of audio I pumped through the Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset it sounded killer. During movies and gaming I was so immersed in the environment I literally thought sounds coming from the rear speakers were in the same room as me. There are other headsets on the market that try to sound like the Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset and cost twice the price or more. At just $129.99 the Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset is a steal...
Article Title: Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1656/1/
Pricing At Time for Print: $129.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset Review

Post by gwolfman »

Very nice! I'm strongly considering these, but since I just purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro's I'm having a hard time justifying more money spent. How do these compare audiophile-wise to the Sennheiser's?
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

Based on the raw spec's, you'd probably be best off with the HD280 Pro's, as they have a larger range 8-25,000Hz vs 10-100Hz, higher Signal to noise ratio, better impedance, and a lower harmonic distortion.

If you want the Mic function, then you should grab a Zalman Clip-On Mic or get a better webcam like the Microsoft Lifecam Cinema or HD or the Logitech C610 or C910.
BrianG
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by BrianG »

There is a big difference between the two simply because the Cooler Master headset is 5.1 and most audiophile headphones are just 2.0. I do own a set of Bose AE2's, a set of Audio Technica ATH A700's and a set of Senheiser HD598's. These are not as good as the A700's due to the sound stage being way different due to the 5.1, but they are a bit better than the Bose in my opinion. But they don't come close to the 598's. I hope that helps a little.
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Tator Tot wrote:Based on the raw spec's, you'd probably be best off with the HD280 Pro's, as they have a larger range 8-25,000Hz vs 10-100Hz, higher Signal to noise ratio, better impedance, and a lower harmonic distortion.

If you want the Mic function, then you should grab a Zalman Clip-On Mic or get a better webcam like the Microsoft Lifecam Cinema or HD or the Logitech C610 or C910.
Thanks for the mic suggestions :)
BrianG wrote:There is a big difference between the two simply because the Cooler Master headset is 5.1 and most audiophile headphones are just 2.0. I do own a set of Bose AE2's, a set of Audio Technica ATH A700's and a set of Senheiser HD598's. These are not as good as the A700's due to the sound stage being way different due to the 5.1, but they are a bit better than the Bose in my opinion. But they don't come close to the 598's. I hope that helps a little.
Yeah, that helps. Maybe I'll have to use one for gaming and one for music, or save my money for something else.

Decisions, decisions...