Western Digital WD TV Live – Next Generation Streaming Media

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Western Digital WD TV Live – Next Generation Streaming M

Post by gwolfman »

Digital Puppy wrote:
gwolfman wrote:Never got around to uploading the audio files, sorry.

However, if you remember testing this or if you happen to still have the device, I was wondering if you tested any videos with multiple audio tracks (i.e., an .mkv with both a DTS and AAC (Dolby Digital) audio stream, or an .mkv with an English track and another in a foreign language)? Are you able to select the audio track you want to listen to? Thanks!
We did look at MKVs with multiple audio (DTS/DD I think) and it worked. There is an "audio" button on the remote that you can toggle between the various selections of audio. I'll confirm it (and possibly take a picture) this evening.
Sweet, thanks! This is why I love LR, nothing like feedback! I know that I'm not talking to an empty wall. :D You give me the green light and I'm ordering this from my favorite etailer...... unless you know of something out now or coming in the near future that's better than this?
omegadraco
Legit User
Legit User

Post by omegadraco »

Very nice it sounds like WD did a very good job with this device.
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Digital Puppy wrote:
gwolfman wrote:Never got around to uploading the audio files, sorry.

However, if you remember testing this or if you happen to still have the device, I was wondering if you tested any videos with multiple audio tracks (i.e., an .mkv with both a DTS and AAC (Dolby Digital) audio stream, or an .mkv with an English track and another in a foreign language)? Are you able to select the audio track you want to listen to? Thanks!
We did look at MKVs with multiple audio (DTS/DD I think) and it worked. There is an "audio" button on the remote that you can toggle between the various selections of audio. I'll confirm it (and possibly take a picture) this evening.
This is confirmed. I was watching a multi-tracked video (ISO) last night and I could scroll through at least 6 audio tracks. Let me know if want me to post some pictures.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.