ASUS Intel X79 Motherboards - P9X79, TUF, WS and ROG Rampage

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ASUS Intel X79 Motherboards - P9X79, TUF, WS and ROG Rampage

Post by Apoptosis »

There is a lot of anticipation about the new Intel Sandy Bridge-E processors. While we can't give away any performance numbers or to many specific details, we can give you a sneak peak at some of the new Socket LGA 2011 motherboards. ASUS sent us over some pictures of their new LGA 2011 product line. Inside you will find a few details on the ASUS P9X79, X79 Sabertooth, and the Republic of Gamers Rampage IV Extreme!

Article Title: ASUS Intel X79 Motherboards - P9X79, TUF, WS and ROG Rampage
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1757/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
HiGhGuY
Legit User
Legit User

Re: ASUS Intel X79 Motherboards - P9X79, TUF, WS and ROG Ram

Post by HiGhGuY »

I have been waiting to hear news on the new ASUS X79 boards. I will be doing a workstation build sooner or later and I had every component picked out but it was based on X58, now it would seem stupid to not wait just a little longer for this whole new platform, X79. But I haven't been able to find any info on the ASUS X79 WS boards anywhere until i came across this article.

Here is a link to a post I made at another forum with all the components if anyone wants to check it out. http://forum.grasscity.com/silicon-v-al ... build.html

But in short here is the CPU/MOBO combo i was originally thinking of. The Asus P6X58-E WS with the Intel Xeon W3690. But now I'm thinking I should wait until the X79 platform is available. so here is the CPU I was thinking of, Intel Xeon E5 1660 (which is listed as the same price as the older w3690, roughly $1000) MY QUESTION IS, What will be the P6X58-E WS's successor? Will they be coming out with a P9X79-E WS? and if so, when? the P6X58-E WS didn't even come out till Q1 2011 (if i'm not mistaken, could've been Q4 2010) So that makes me think i might have to settle for something else. But would love to hear any more info on Asus X79 WS boards.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Everything comes out Monday, so I suggest waiting two days.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Is that when the new cpu's will come out as well?
HiGhGuY
Legit User
Legit User

Post by HiGhGuY »

Well I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that the first LGA 2011 CPU's are still supposed to be coming out this year Q4 2011, but I think that is just the "core ix" chips, I don't think the LGA 2011 xeon Chips are supposed to debut until Q1 2012, which sucks, cuz that's what I'm after.