Antec ATX 12V Power Supply Tester Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Antec ATX 12V Power Supply Tester Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Want a simple way of testing to see if your ATX power supply is good? If you do then you want to take a look at our article on the Antec ATX 12V Power Supply Tester! We take a look at a simple device to tell you if a PSU is good or not. Read on to see if the $20 device is right for you.

The Antec ATX12V Power Supply Tester is a simple tool for testing ATX12V (v 1.3 and v 2.0) power supplies without the use of voltmeters and probes. Simply plug the power supply outputs into the 24-pin (or 20-pin) connector to verify voltage of each ATX12V rail. Green for normal, yellow for insufficient, and red for over voltage conditions. Plus a separate Power Good signal for validating whether power supply as a whole is working or not. Talking about reducing trouble-shooting time.
Article Link: Antec ATX 12V Power Supply Tester Review
Part Number: 761345-77203-7
Current Pricing: Legit Shopping ($19.99 shipped at posting)

Also direct all the hand model questions to Rich as I think those are his sexy hands... LOL :lol:
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

wow, how well manicured, rofl :finga:

that's a pretty nice little tester for $20, and it's not brand-proprietary I assume? That would be great.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Very nifty device I must say! I just have my generic tester, but would definitely invest into one of these as it actually tells you more for about the same price.

I was going to make a comment about the hands/nails too, but then I read it was his wife's hands. :P :)
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

NAiLs wrote: I was going to make a comment about the hands/nails too, but then I read it was his wife's hands. :P :)
aw hell, I had to make a wiseass crack anyways, hehehe, wouldn't crack on him if I didn't like him, lol :ANAL: :rolleyes:
dpalyu
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by dpalyu »

Does it test the PS under load? It doesn't look like it. That would be the real test. My Antec PS shows 12.1 V no load but 11.35 when running prime 95. All the other voltages drop some what (.2 to .4V) underload.