Xigmatek XAF Series 140mm Fan Round-Up

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Xigmatek was started in 2005 with the idea of producing quality products at an affordable price in the case & cooling market. Today, Xigmatek has a new batch of products to the table with the XAF Series of case & cooling fans. Today we have the chance to look at the XAF-F 140mm series of cooling fans from Xigmatek; take a look as we judge them based on advertised specifications and performance.

Article Title: Xigmatek XAF Series 140mm Fan Round-Up
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1819/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $24-$25
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Xigmatek XAF Series 140mm Fan Round-Up

Post by Major_A »

Kudos for telling it like it is. Most sites would pander to the manufacturer instead of stating the obvious. Thanks.
notarat
Legit User
Legit User

Post by notarat »

Nice write up.

I've never been a Xigmatek fan fan (no pun intended)

I had a Dark Knight CPU cooler and the fan that they used on it underperformed but made up for its poor performance by being loud.

If you get a chance, I recommend you try testing Cougar brand PWM fans.

I've been very impressed with their 120mm units so far (I have 9 of them)

The 140mm ones look to be quite similar to the 120s
Corsair Obsidian 800D -- Intel 2600K @4.8GHz -- Corsair H80 Cooler -- 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 -- Corsair AX850 PSU -- Crucial M4 256GB SSD -- (2) XFX Brand AMD Radeon 6970s in Xfire -- (3) WD Caviar Black 2TB HDDs -- Dell U3011 LCD

Corsair Carbide 400 -- Intel 2500K @4.8GHz -- Corsair H80 Cooler -- 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 -- Corsair TX650 PSU -- Crucial M4 256GB SSD -- XFX Brand AMD Radeon 6850 -- (3) WD Caviar Black 2TB HDDs -- Dell 2408FWP LCD
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Never had that brand fan. Still won't. Most honest review I have ever read.
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

From a moral standpoint, I would not suggest purchasing products from a company who purposely advertises one thing, but completely fails to deliver on that promise.

On the other hand, these fans were not that bad. The airflow to noise ratio was good and the mounting system was better than some other 120mm/140mm fans I have seen in the past which do not allow you to mount the 140mm fan to anything besides 120mm holes.

I never intend to rip into these companies, but beyond my external research into the OEM designs that many fans are based on; I have to judge them based on the criteria the company gives. If they can't meet that criteria, then I won't hold back.