Plantronics GameCom 780 Gaming Headset Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Plantronics GameCom 780 is a surround sound gaming headset that features Dolby headphone & Pro Logic IIx technologies to convert standard audio to 7.1 surround sound. The GameCom 780 also features a noise-canceling mic that helps reduce background noise while the 40mm speakers provides stereo sound with deep bass. Are the Plantronicsthe GameCom 780 perfect for gaming, watching videos, listening to music, and making PC voice calls? Read on to find out!

The Plantronics GameCom 780 has the best sound reproduction I’ve heard from a gaming headset to date. Highs are crisp and clear while lows are deep and throaty. The 40mm drivers do an excellent job of surrounding you in your game or favorite tunes. Overall the Plantronics GameCom 780 is an amazing headset for under $60.
Article Title: Plantronics GameCom 780 Gaming Headset Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/2022/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $57.24 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Bean007
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Plantronics GameCom 780 Gaming Headset Review

Post by Bean007 »

So would you rank as far as quality in sound for gaming the 780's over the 777? I've seen more people say better things on the 777 then the 780 as far as sound goes.

I've also heard people say that they would rather use there old 770 instead of the 780.

I'm currently using a Asus Xonar DG for my sound as my built in mobo sound has been acting up.
Bean007
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Bean007 »

O Rly you don't say. Well I'm glad somebody cleared that up for me. Thanks.
Bean007
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Bean007 »

This place might be called Legit Reviews but it's not legit help.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

It may be that no one here (forums nor staff) has personally used the 770 series, and they don't want to pass on 2nd hand info. Possibly Plantronics didn't send LR staff the 770 series to review or compare the 780 with, but if you read the opening paragraph of the review, it states
Their last offering, the GameCom 777 was an awesome USB surround headset that combined comfort and performance. Their latest offering, the GameCom 780, ups the ante in terms of both looks and performance.
If you have a 770 series, why don't you pursue the idea of sending it in and perhaps they will do a side-by-side comparison for you? PM "Apoptosis" and POSSIBLY he can hook you up with the reviewer of the 780 to accomplish this (but I can't guarantee it). "Apoptosis" is currently in New York at a Tech function though so he may not be able to get back to you for a few days.

Sorry that we couldn't help with this particular item, but don't be discouraged there is a wealth of info here on multitudes of other hardware and software pieces. Trust me when I say that the folks here are some of the nicest and most helpful you will find on the net so stick around and I'm sure at some time you will be pleasantly surprised. :)
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Bean007 wrote:This place might be called Legit Reviews but it's not legit help.
Sorry man, but welcome to the forums. I'm interested in the answer as well especially since the 780s are supposed to be an "upgrade". It would be great to know if there really is a performance difference for the price.

The only way to get that though is to have both the headsets, right? (BTW, Kaos Kid had an excellent suggestion, LR has been looking for a few good writers for a little bit now so may want to shoot Apop an PM!) :)
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Bean007 wrote:This place might be called Legit Reviews but it's not legit help.
The original author of this review no longer works for this site. Never having used both, I can't advise anything.

I get a ton of people that want to write reviews... Then after a bunch the throw in the towel due to how much work and time is involved. I'm always looking for more help.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I can't game with headphones. DJ style start to hurt my head and ear buds start to hurt my ears. Granted I've never spent more than $50 on a set of headphones. So I couldn't help if I wanted to.