Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W Power Supply Revi

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W Power Supply Revi

Post by Apoptosis »

Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W Power Supply Review

Thermaltake recently launched the Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W and 600W power supplies. These PSUs are 80 PLUS Platinum certified, which means they are up to 94% efficiency. When it comes to features, they have a massive single +12V rail, modular cable design, and a patented 14cm flower-shape fan with FanDelayCool Technology. Today we will be having a look at the Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W, a product boasting a very long list of features and a unique appearance.

With a MSRP price of $189.99 at the time of this review, the Toughpower Grand Platinum is one of the most expensive 700W power supplies available in the market; however, the high price could be possibly justified by the number of features and the performance of this unit. The list of features of the Toughpower Grand Platinum is so long that we simply cannot list them all in a single paragraph; however, we feel that the major highlights of this power supply are the 80Plus Platinum certification, the 7-year long manufacturer's warranty and its unique...
Article Title: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W Power Supply Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2107/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $189.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
INeedAFnSuffix
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand Platinum 700W Power Supply

Post by INeedAFnSuffix »

Yuck, white and red. Definitely not the 2 colours you want to mix
Firstly most AMD systems come in red and black. So a HEC Cougar has a nice colour scheme, orange and black for AMD
Intel systems are mostly very blue so red wouldn't go down and you won't see a red motherboard with white accents because it's just outward terrible
My head screamed "AWFUL!" when i saw the white and red scheme, jeez why can't they keep it black all the way or at least white?
I know that from the pure black motherboards Gigabyte has been making recently as well as ASRock and Biostar for that matter for the FM2 platform
One of the worser colour pairings on PSUs i've seen for years but it might match the Level 10 GT Snow Edition case though (Well, it's a TT too isn't it?)