NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 is powered by the same GK104 'Kepler' GPU that is used in the GeForce GTX 770. It has just 1152 CUDA Cores, but is said to have the horsepower to tackle next generation gaming at 1080p resolutions and for $250. Read on as we put the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 video card to the test!

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 is a very overclocking friendly graphics card and we were able to go from 980MHz on the core all the way up to 1145MHz! This put the boost clock at a rather impressive 1198MHz (1033MHz stock) and that helped us get around a 12-14% performance boost in most game titles and synthetic benchmarks.
Article Title: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2223/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $249.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card Review

Post by sgkean »

Not too bad, looks like it would be a nice upgrade to my "old" 560Ti...might have to wait to get a 4GB card though...or use the eVGA step-up program...decisions...decisions...
Thunder350
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Thunder350 »

sgkean wrote:Not too bad, looks like it would be a nice upgrade to my "old" 560Ti...might have to wait to get a 4GB card though...or use the eVGA step-up program...decisions...decisions...
All benchmarks I've seen have shown the 4GB version to mostly be a useless edition. The 760 doesn't have enough performance to run things at the resolutions where you could take advantage of 4GB. There was little to no difference compared to the cheaper 2GB on playable settings on every game tested. Probably be wiser to save the extra $30 it cost. :)
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

The review was done nicely and professionally as always, except... The 2 most important comparisons being excluded! Namely the card, which was mentioned by NVidia (7950) and most importantly the card that was replaced - the GTX660Ti!
The whole review doesn't make much sense without these cards being compared in the benchmarks. The only reason for this I could think of was a lack of these cards...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It is lack of time. NVIDIA got the card to us less than a week before the launch. For example we got the card on the 18th and the review had to be posted on the 25th. The only thing is that I had to leave the country on the 21st. That gave me just 3 working days to do all the testing, images and writing. It's a lot to do in just a 3-day window, plus I had one card from EVGA and two from MSI. We also had a new driver release during that time period. Sadly, EVGA shipped the card with the wrong vBIOS, so the clock speeds were wrong and my 6 hours of benchmarking had to be thrown away and that card being removed from the charts. That is why that card hasn't been reviewed yet. I spent my plane ride removing it from the charts and launch article. I'll be adding in the 7950 when re-doing that card, but trying to add in 3 cards and an SLI setup in a week is tough let alone writing two articles on top of everything else.

I've been adding new cards to the charts as I get them, but you are correct in the sense that I need to go back and add in more cards. I need to get an intern or hire someone to do the testing! Most sites hire someone to do that, but I do all my own testing and writing.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Thunder350 wrote:
sgkean wrote:Not too bad, looks like it would be a nice upgrade to my "old" 560Ti...might have to wait to get a 4GB card though...or use the eVGA step-up program...decisions...decisions...
All benchmarks I've seen have shown the 4GB version to mostly be a useless edition. The 760 doesn't have enough performance to run things at the resolutions where you could take advantage of 4GB. There was little to no difference compared to the cheaper 2GB on playable settings on every game tested. Probably be wiser to save the extra $30 it cost. :)
I agree that it will be limited. A look at the 670/680 cards with 2GB/4GB in the same review show that, so it is safe to assume it would scale or not scale the same.
Follow Me on Twitter!
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

Yea, I don't expect a HUGE performance increase going from a 2GB to a 4GB card, but if itsn't overly expensive why not ($30 isn't a huge price increase to me)...When looking at a card that could be used for 4-5 years (not by just me, would be given to one of the kids eventually), I can justify it.

Think my son is ready for an upgrade, he's still running an 8800GTS from when they first came out (was my card, then his). So he would inherit my 560Ti.
Thunder350
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Thunder350 »

sgkean wrote:Think my son is ready for an upgrade, he's still running an 8800GTS from when they first came out (was my card, then his). So he would inherit my 560Ti.
Ha, my family computer has (well had) my old 8800GT. Was a great card, served it's purpose well. Unfortunately the fan started to whine and the card started to display tons of artifacts on the screen. It had it's last breath, lasted about 6 years, not bad in my book. I currently have a Radeon 5870, trying to wait a few more months for my upgrade for BF4 and other next gen ported games. Family can suffer with onboard video for now. :)