Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Mid Tower Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Arc Midi R2 is developed from the ground up with high-performance computer systems in mind. Featuring three high performance Silent Series R2 fans and ample water cooling options, the Arc Midi R2 layout maximizes airflow throughout the case and keeps even the most demanding systems at cool temperatures. Read on to see what we thought of this case!

The Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 has many features to make it worth taking a look at. The cable routing and cooling options alone are hard to beat in a case this size. The Arc Midi R2 can be found at Amazon for $99.99 shipped which places it in the higher tier of cases for the mid sized case category. There are many cheaper alternatives, but not many will offer...
Article Title: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Mid Tower Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2233/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $99.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
INeedAFnSuffix
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Mid Tower Case Review

Post by INeedAFnSuffix »

You might want to edit your cooling statements there.
Heat doesn't rise. Air goes where you push it. Heat only rises in natural convection not forced convection as we're doing in computers

This might be a case i want but sadly ...
2-bay drive area instead of 3 bay (I use that for a 120mm fan in that area) but that's the only problem i have ...
Of course for 50$ i can get a Switch 810 and that has everything i need
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I'll make some edits to that section. This is a new writer (Steven Kean) and it's only his second review for LR, so go easy on him! ;)

Not bad for his first case review here!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
etudiant
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by etudiant »

Good review.
It covered the bases pretty well and made some specific suggestions for further improvement.
As a happy owner of the prior Arc Midi version, I'd have liked a summary of what has been changed/improved.
It seems the front filter access is much better, and maybe both drive cages are now removable, not just the one.
Also, the fan controller has apparently been better integrated, although I prefer the continuously variable unit previously provided.
What did I miss?
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

That is correct, heat itself doesn't rise; but hot air does, I'll be sure to clarify that next time.

As for comparing it to the original version, that's something I hadn't considered. It's a good suggestion for model updates like this one.
INeedAFnSuffix
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by INeedAFnSuffix »

sgkean wrote:That is correct, heat itself doesn't rise; but hot air does, I'll be sure to clarify that next time.

As for comparing it to the original version, that's something I hadn't considered. It's a good suggestion for model updates like this one.
Hot air that isn't forced ... that is.