EVGA Pro SLI Bridge Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

EVGA Pro SLI Bridge Review

Post by Apoptosis »

The NVIDIA Scalable Link Interface (SLI) has been linking two or more video cards together to produce a single output since being re-introduced in 2004. For nearly a decade NVIDIA SLI bridges have been used to reduce bandwidth constraints and send data between the graphics cards directly by bypassing the computers motherboard chipset. Over the years flexible 'ribbon' style bridge cables and solid PCB bridges have been the two ways manufactures used to pair NVIDIA GeForce video cards together. After so many years seeing the same boring interconnects being used, we were very happy to learn that EVGA was coming out with Pro SLI Bridges. The EVGA Pro SLI bridges were designed to look good and they have an EVGA logo that is illuminated with LEDs!

Article Title: EVGA Pro SLI Bridge Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/evga-pro-sl ... iew_122197
Pricing At Time of Print: $29.99
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: EVGA Pro SLI Bridge Review

Post by gwolfman »

I can't believe it took someone this long to finally do something about those ugly connectors! Thanks for the quick review. :)
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

The NVIDIA Scalable Link Interface (SLI) has been linking two or more video cards together to produce a single output since being re-introduced in 2004.
Wow... I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since they re-introduced SLI. Where has the time gone?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

gwolfman wrote:I can't believe it took someone this long to finally do something about those ugly connectors! Thanks for the quick review. :)
No problem! And quick? :finga: Still nearly 10 pics, had to configure the test system and write up 800 words on an SLI bridge! Try writing 800 words on an SLI bridge sometime! Or nearly 1900 on the bluetooth speaker I posted up today.
Major_A wrote:Wow... I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since they re-introduced SLI. Where has the time gone?
You are telling me. I remember being at CES 2004 when the big NVIDIA announcement was SLI and they had one system there in the booth showing it off. Then again, where is the innovation? No change in nearly 10 years now when it comes to general multi-GPU setups.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!