120mm Water Cooler Round Up w/ Cooler Master, Scythe, Zalman

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

120mm Water Cooler Round Up w/ Cooler Master, Scythe, Zalman

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we are looking at four 120mm sealed liquid cooling loop kits. Kits like these have been around for while as we first saw the Asetek LCLC at IDF 2006! The first sealed loop unit I personally reviewed was the CoolIT Systems Pure way back in 2008, and since I have reviewed several units from Corsair, CoolIT Systems, Intel, Thermaltake and Antec. Today we are taking a look at units from Cooler Master, Scythe, and Zalman. These are all new brands to us when it comes to liquid cooling, so we can't wait to see what they have to offer...

Article Title: 120mm Water Cooler Round Up w/ Cooler Master, Scythe and Zalman
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/120mm-water ... dup_127189
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Re: 120mm Water Cooler Round Up w/ Cooler Master, Scythe, Za

Post by FZ1 »

Surprised Corsair didn't pony one up...
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

FZ1 wrote:Surprised Corsair didn't pony one up...
This was a look at the brands we don't normally look at :)
Today we are looking at four 120mm sealed liquid cooling loop kits. Kits like these have been around for while as we first saw the Asetek LCLC at IDF 2006! The first sealed loop unit I personally reviewed was the CoolIT Systems Pure way back in 2008, and since I have reviewed several units from Corsair, CoolIT Systems, Intel, Thermaltake and Antec. The coolers we are looking at today come from Cooler Master, Scythe, and Zalman. These are all new brands to us when it comes to liquid cooling, so we can't wait to see what they have to offer.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

I like how the Zalman Reserator 3 looks, but IMHO the tubes are on the wrong side. If this is in a case that I'm showing the system off, I don't want the tubes in front of the CPU block. With so much being nearly equal on these AIO coolers, the way it looks once installed is a big factor.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

sgkean wrote:I like how the Zalman Reserator 3 looks, but IMHO the tubes are on the wrong side. If this is in a case that I'm showing the system off, I don't want the tubes in front of the CPU block. With so much being nearly equal on these AIO coolers, the way it looks once installed is a big factor.
I tried different ways of mounting the block, the way the tubes are set up it flipping it over would have forced tubes up into the upper case fans.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

bubba wrote: I tried different ways of mounting the block, the way the tubes are set up it flipping it over would have forced tubes up into the upper case fans.
Yup, that it would...then Zalman would be upside down LOL :) heheeheh Or does that part rotate?