ASUS X99-Deluxe LGA2011-v3 Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ASUS X99-Deluxe LGA2011-v3 Motherboard Review

Post by Apoptosis »

It’s finally here, the day we’ve been waiting for! Intel has now officially launched the latest LGA2011 platform on the new Intel X99 chipset! That’s not all though, they are also launching the Intel Core i7-5960X, Intel Core i7-5930K, and the Intel Core i7-5820K! While all that is exciting, right now I have the pleasure of showcasing the first of the Intel X99 motherboards to come across my bench, the ASUS X99-Deluxe! The ASUS X99-Deluxe is currently the lowest cost Intel X99 motherboard from ASUS at $399. Read on to see how it performs.

Article Title: ASUS X99-Deluxe LGA2011-v3 Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/asus-x99-de ... iew_149200
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASUS X99-Deluxe LGA2011-v3 Motherboard Review

Post by Skippman »

So now that the Haswell-E is out of the box and the X99 boards are being released do you see a real reason to consider them rather than a Z97 based board from a gaming perspective. Your results with Metro and Hitman seem to echo what I've seen on other sites across the net. Basically the take away I'm getting is if I'm doing multi-thread intensive things like encoding/transcoding or graphic editing then the Haswell-E series is where I want to be, but if I'm a gamer the Devils Canyon chips are every bit as good and cheaper.

I can get a i7-4790K on a Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 for $400 at Microcenter where an i7-5820K on a GA-X99-Gaming GI WiFi will set me back $609 plus double the RAM cost. I'm wondering where the best bang for the buck is from a gaming perspective.