ASUS Rampage V Extreme Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ASUS Rampage V Extreme Motherboard Review

Post by Apoptosis »

The ASUS Republic of Gamers product line is arguably one of the best product stacks out there for gamers today. Everything ASUS puts into the ROG line-up is among the best they have to offer, today the ASUS Rampage V Extreme is sitting on the Legit Reviews test bench waiting to be fired up! The ASUS Rampage V Extreme is the top dog of the Intel X99 product stack and has a ton going for it.
Read on to find out how it performed.

Article Title: ASUS Rampage V Extreme Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/asus-rampag ... iew_155711
Pricing At Time of Print: $469.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Calamar
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: ASUS Rampage V Extreme Motherboard Review

Post by Calamar »

I would like to say two things.

1. I love to see the i7-920 with the X58 platform in the review.
2. I would like to see it OCed at 3,5 (basic OC for the 920, almost done in 1 click), and love to see it at ~4,0.

A true comparing of a nowadays so expensive combo with an almost 6 y.o. platform is fantastic really!

If it wasnt because of the sata ports and usb 2.0 is still a very competitive platform, usb can be solved by means of a pci asus board, and well I hope this year pcie-based discs will start to raise, and given the X48 pci-e lanes available.

Clearly since intel launched the core platform improvements went to more cores, more aes features, more cache, less power, but performance per core hasnt changed that much.