HyperX Predator PCIe M.2 SSD Bootable RAID 0 Performance

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

HyperX Predator PCIe M.2 SSD Bootable RAID 0 Performance

Post by Apoptosis »

When the Intel Z170 chipset was released, one of the features we were looking forward to was the option to enable a bootable RAID utilizing M.2 drives. Kingston provided us a couple of their HyperX Predator M.2 PCIe 240GB drives to test this feature. Since the release of the Z170 chipset, Kingston has been working on updating the firmware again to enable the bootable RAID capabilities of the Intel Z170 chipset. Without any major announcements, Kingston quietly released the OC34L5TP firmware update to enable bootable RAID on the HyperX Predator PCIe M.2 drives when used in conjunction with an Intel Z170 chipset powered motherboard.

Article Title: HyperX Predator PCIe M.2 SSD Bootable RAID 0 Performance
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/hyperx-pred ... nce_176137
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: HyperX Predator PCIe M.2 SSD Bootable RAID 0 Performance

Post by sbohdan »

Nice but I would of like to see some real life performance numbers, like OS boot-up and starting couple of game titles and long starting apps.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HyperX Predator PCIe M.2 SSD Bootable RAID 0 Performance

Post by Apoptosis »

sbohdan wrote:Nice but I would of like to see some real life performance numbers, like OS boot-up and starting couple of game titles and long starting apps.
Maybe Steve can do that for you and others if he gets time.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!