WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS Review

Post by Apoptosis »

WD launched their My Cloud EX2 dual-bay network-attached storage (NAS) series back in March 2014 and just last month announced that they were updating this popular model by releasing the My Cloud EX2 Ultra, a high-performance, two-bay network attached storage (NAS) system. The original My Cloud EX2 featured a Marvell A370 1.2GHz single-core SoC and 512MB of DDR3 RAM. That was respectable at the time, but prosumers today are looking for more power for multitasking and smooth HD video streaming. WD saw this coming though and upgraded the processor and memory...

Article Title: WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/wd-my-cloud ... iew_179660
Pricing At Time of Print: $449.99 Shipped for the My Cloud EX2 Ultra 8TB
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra NAS Review

Post by KnightRid »

Very nice baby NAS! This is great for people to finally back up their damn computers! Dunno why it is so hard for everyone to understand the importance of that. They find out fast when they have a failure and everything is lost though.

I wish storage would come down in price further so I could replace my 5, 3TB WD Red drives with 6TB ones in my Synology 1512+ but I am always looking to be cheap LOL
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Velo:Sity

Post by Velo:Sity »

Yeah, time when SSDs cost as much as HDDs do now and HDDs are given away for free can't come soon enough! :)
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Velo:Sity wrote:Yeah, time when SSDs cost as much as HDDs do now and HDDs are given away for free can't come soon enough! :)
you have definitely installed a chip in my brain to catch my exact thoughts :mrgreen:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: