Corsair Spec-04 Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Corsair Spec-04 Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Case Review

Post by Apoptosis »

In the middle of 2017, Corsair released the Carbide Spec-04 case, it is a low cost mid-tower geared at the budget builders while still providing a solid foundation for the latest hardware. Initially it had a retail price of $49.99 and featured an angular design to the front of the case giving it a modern look. Since its release, Tempered Glass panels have become extremely popular, and users have been looking for budget friendly cases that feature Tempered Glass side panels. Corsair heard this and decided to do a small update to the Spec-04. Corsair has recently released the Spec-04 Tempered Glass edition, which is identical to the original Spec-04 with the exception of the Tempered Glass side panel. Adding the Tempered Glass side panel, does cause a small increase in the price, the Spec-04 Tempered Glass has a retail price of $59.99 shipped.

Article Title: Corsair Spec-04 Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/corsair-spe ... iew_201077
Pricing At Time of Print: $59.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Corsair Spec-04 Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Case Review

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Nice case, but no 5.25 drive bays?
I use my PC's for everything so a DVD/BD optical drive is a must!
Sad to see them go the way of the Dinosaur. :(

I'd like to see a tempered glass case with 2x 5.25 bays!
Hide them just like they hide PSU's!

Hint hint... Corsair and every other PC case manufacturer! [-o<
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I agree about the bays! It is all because stupid people think streaming has the same quality as buying a physical disc. They are wrong. File sizes for 4k bluray are huge so unless you have a 100mbps connection you would be screwed to even try to watch TRUE 4k without more compression.

Might be nice if they wont put them in the case if they would offer an external case to hold one that matches the computer case.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Steven174
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Steven174 »

Easy to build in, but it can be incredibly difficult if not impossible to install a GPU with some motherboard combinations, and the plastic side scratches fairly easily. Other than that, the case is sexy with some RGB lights inside, it's very ways to build in, and there's room for a reasonable number of HDDs and SSDs, multiple GPUs, hefty coolers, and there's a surprising amount of space on the non-displaying side of the case for cables. The little hooks, nooks, and crannies for cable management are astoundingly useful, and make it simple to have a gorgeous build to look at. The problematic motherboard for me was the AX370 from Gigabyte, due to the placement of the HD sound unit.