AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Processor Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Processor Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Today, AMD introduced the first 32-core desktop processor for the consumer market with the Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 32-core, 64-thread behemoth. This processor is the successor to the AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-core, 32-thread processor that was released just last year. In just one year we are witnessing the core count double on consumer processors and better yet, this is a drop-in replacement for the 1950X...

Article Title: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Processor Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-t ... iew_207135
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Processor Review

Post by KnightRid »

So surprising that the software was never developed for open ended threads. Maybe I do not understand programming in this day and age but it just seems a little lazy to not bother thinking ahead.

4.1ghz on all cores - my lord I could hear it screaming up here in Pennsylvania!

This is what AMD is SUPPOSED to be! Faster and lower cost than Intel. This is what made them before and if they can keep ahead of the game while staying below the price of the others, they will soar once again.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Processor Review

Post by Apoptosis »

I think it was the heatsinks on the motherboard (VRM), but when you manually turn off the power regulation and overclock the 2990WX... Sutff starts popping and making all sorts of fun noises. Never ever had that happen. I've had PSUs scream under heavy load, but never pops from the board.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!