HyperX Savage EXO SSD External Portable Drive Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

HyperX Savage EXO SSD External Portable Drive Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we’ll be taking a look at the HyperX Savage EXO, which is one of the newest USB 3.1 Gen 2 portable SSDs on the market. Inside, HyperX went with a SATA III drive powered by the Marvell 88SS1074 controller paired with 64-layer 3D TLC NAND Flash. This combination allows the HyperX Savage EXO series to reach sequential speeds of up to 500 MB/s read and 480 MB/s write. Read on to learn more about it and see how it performs against 10 other portable SSDs in our file transfer tests.

Article Title: HyperX Savage EXO SSD External Portable Drive Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/hyperx-sava ... iew_208264
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: HyperX Savage EXO SSD External Portable Drive Review

Post by KnightRid »

I never understood why companies do things like this.....release a product that is inferior at a higher price point in an established market.

If they made it specifically for console gamers and marketed that way it would have been in a marketplace that might have commanded a higher price point as a lot of console gamers are not parts savvy enough to know there are better options to buy. I see this a lot with consoles, buy this external drive made specifically for your console because, well, it is made for it.....and people buy them at higher prices lol
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah, thankfully it's not tough to be honest for me. It's a great drive, but it's just slower than most all portable SSDs on the market and suffers from a tiny SLC cache. It flat out needs to be lower than the others and it can be with the buying power and sales figures that Kingston has. Kingston loves to launch products high and then let the market find the price.

It's been on Amazon since September 24, 2018 and has no user reviews. I couldn't imagine the 480GB drive is selling well at $127.99 and I haven't sold anything through the link on the review. So, truthful reviews like this make no one any money. The youtubers make bank on negative reviews and any controversy in general as they get ad money off the views. Over 50% of LR readers use ad blocker and ad banner review is in the crapper these days with all the money being diverted to Youtube!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Gonna have to become a video star :)

I actually liked doing video reviews better than writing them. I hated English class in school.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: