Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum CPU Cooler Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Earlier this year our friends over at Corsair released three new all-in-one liquid CPU coolers with the “Pro” series and today they are introducing two brand new models in the “Platinum” series. The two new models are the Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM and H115i RGB PLATINUM. The model that Corsair sent over for us to try out was the Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM. Read on to see how it performs.

Article Title: Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/corsair-hyd ... iew_208813
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum CPU Cooler Review

Post by KnightRid »

nice!

I wish they would start to include the ability to add a gpu line on. I never understood why they dont sell them with a splitter or even dual pumps and have a code inside that you can order the gpu block you need. Seems like a win win for everyone involved as I imagine most people that would be using a water cooler would also be using a discrete graphics card.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:nice!

I wish they would start to include the ability to add a gpu line on. I never understood why they dont sell them with a splitter or even dual pumps and have a code inside that you can order the gpu block you need. Seems like a win win for everyone involved as I imagine most people that would be using a water cooler would also be using a discrete graphics card.
Corsair hired some of the key EKWB employees over a year ago and have been working on an open loop kit since that time. It wasn't just some employees though. In November 2017 something happened at EKWB and they had a major management change with the company's CEO, CTO, Head of marketing and some R&D staff leaving.

EKWB's former CEO, Mark Tanko and CTO, Niko Tivadar both jumped ship and took jobs with Corsair as Vice President & BU General Manager and Director Of Engineering, respectively. So, I am thinking at CES 2019 that we will see what they've spent the past year working on at Corsair. I'm pretty sure Corsair only hired them to bring the Corsair Open Loop kit to market.

Corsair has teased the existence of a Hydro X series of products for months. The teaser images appear to have two liquid-cooling hard lines filled with coolant to form the 'X' in Hydro X. The teaser on their website says that an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 series block is coming out soon as well.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/hydro-x-series
https://twitter.com/CORSAIR/status/1031987197728026624

Corsair doesn't have a 360mm platinum version for a number of reasons. The big one is that the units sold for the 360mm form factor is very tiny compared to the 240/280 form factors. The second reason that I can think of is that product differentiation. Maybe they will be promoting the Hydro X open loop kit to that crowd and focus on 360mm kits for CPU and GPU? I dunno, but we'll find out soon. I've never built a hard line kit, so it will be interesting to see what Corsair offers. Not sure I want the extra maintenance of an open loop kit with hard lines though.
Follow Me on Twitter!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

Thanks for the review Apop!
Your timing is spot on!
https://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtop ... 97#p226097
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Sounds interesting!

Seems hardline would be a bear to get into certain cases though.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

camaroguy1998 wrote:Thanks for the review Apop!
Your timing is spot on!
https://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtop ... 97#p226097
Nice, let me know what you go with! I hope to have the Hydro X here soon!
Follow Me on Twitter!