Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Last month, Intel announced the "Basin Falls Refresh" for their Core X-Series HEDT processors. Seven new parts were announced with the flagship of the series being the Intel Core i9-9980XE 18-core, 36-thread processor that is the successor to the Intel Core i9-7980XE 18-core, 36-thread processor launched just last year. Architecturally, the Core i9-9980XE is very similar to its Core i9-7980XE predecessor, but is made on the latest 14nm++ manufacturing process. The improvements on this node along with the switch to solder thermal interface material (STIM) have allowed Intel to increase base/boost clock speeds. Read on to see how that improves performance.

Article Title: Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-core- ... iew_209016
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Processor Review

Post by KnightRid »

geekgasm

650+ watts - holy crap! RTX2080 uses what, around 250...so 900w right there without anything else. IF you OC the CPU. I would honestly recommend a 1000w+ PSU just because you don't get 100% of the power from the supply, more like 80-90 max on a great PSU. WOW. I figure if you can afford this puppy, you can afford the highest end video card too ;)

Running this 24/7 might just heat a room for you if you only use air cooling lol
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: