Battlefield V Ray Tracing Performance on GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Battlefield V Ray Tracing Performance on GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Post by Apoptosis »

When the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20-series graphics cards were announced in August 2018 they promised to bring real-time ray tracing to PC games. After some unfortunate delays along the way we finally have the hardware and software to play Battlefield V with DICE’s DirectX Raytracing (DXR) reflections technology enabled. Read on to see how it performs on the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card.

Article Title: Battlefield V Ray Tracing Performance on GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/battlefield ... -ti_209171
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Re: Battlefield V Ray Tracing Performance on GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Post by KnightRid »

Have you tried it on anything higher than LOW just to see what happens? Maybe more if the tree tearing?

I remember doing ray tracing on a 486DX50 and taking days for 1 picture, now it is real time.....wow
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Battlefield V Ray Tracing Performance on GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:Have you tried it on anything higher than LOW just to see what happens? Maybe more if the tree tearing?

I remember doing ray tracing on a 486DX50 and taking days for 1 picture, now it is real time.....wow

I hate to spend another few hours testing it with the first driver/patch/windows release. NVIDIA is saying it's 'broke' in the game, so it feels like they are passing the blame to DICE and if that is the case they are prolly already working on a patch with them.

Exactly... Most people are saying RTX sucks and why spend $1200 for a GPU that can only do ray tracing at 1080P... The fact that we are doing it at all is impressive. I agree that the higher cost of the card due to the extra features is painful, but NVIDIA claims they put 10 years of R&D to get to this point.

Also, tempted to start benchmarking other cards on GF5 to add it in the GPU reviews. Think that might help more people than this.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!