Thermaltake Tsunami “ Dream Tower ” Case

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thermaltake Tsunami “ Dream Tower ” Case

Post by Apoptosis »

Today Rich takes the Thermaltake VA3000 Tsunami out for a test drive. While he doesn't throw it out his second story window (that test he promises will come later) he says he really digs the case. Actually after reviewing the case he kept it and is now using it on his extreme water cooled system. Guess he really does like it!
Today we take a look at the Thermaltake VA3000 “Dream Series” case. Thermaltake has always been known as a maker of quality cases. When I picture a Thermaltake case in my mind, I see something that could withstand a nuclear blast, a head on collision, or being thrown out a second story window at 3 A.M. (We won't get into that story here). My point is, Thermaltake cases have always been extremely sturdy and very roomy cases.

When I first looked into reviewing this case, I was very skeptical; after all, this case looked to be a clone of Cooler Master's Wave Master Case. How in the world could Thermaltake possibly make a mid-tower case that could even compare to the extremely popular Wave Master? Let's see how it stacks up.
Article: Thermaltake Tsunami “ Dream Tower ” Case
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

There were no sharp edges or burrs, an important quality for a klutz like me. Over the years I have left a great deal of blood on various cases. If I can make it through an installation unscathed, this case is safe for anyone over the age of 5!
Thanks for reminding me to sterilize that koolance case :P.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

haha... no doubt man. :partyman:
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I didn't leave any of myself in that Koolance case I gave you. So no worries.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Im think i will put my xp-m system in there soon, every thing has just been delayed buy my move. Im finaly in but my apt is a wreck, i cant even walk across the living room because of all the boxes/stuff. and making things worse is the fact that i have not been able to get home befor 8pm all week. Glad to know you did not hurt yourself on that case though. btw good artical, fun read and lots of good points.
trogman
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Finally! Aluminum SLK3700

Post by trogman »

The internal of this case looks similiar to Antec SLK3700, which I have been using since it's first available in my area. My only complain of this case is the weight and lack of removeable motherboard tray. I think Antec decided to let P160 take over the aluminum high-end market and never did the aluminum version of the 3700.

Thermaltake really surprised me with the introduction of this case, but I think I will hold on until they remove the ugly logo on the front of the case... :P
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

It is just screened on. if it bothers you that much you could cover it with a case badge or probably use a little "Goof Off" to remove it.
Benny
Legit User
Legit User

A mans case.

Post by Benny »

Why fool around with a kiddy case. Get the real thing:
http://www.supermicro.com/products/chas ... 62-420.cfm

I bought one and I’m in love. Room to fly a model airplane around in.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

wow that thing is massive, i my self have taken to 4u rack mount cases i now have 5 of them and i hope to expand to more. that server case looks good but you should see what my set up looks like when they are all stacked together its crazy... i might have to get some pictures this weekend.
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Ok, here's the question for you all:

Which case do you like better, the Antec Sonata II or the Thermaltake Tsunami Dream? (disregard PSU's)
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

sonata II in a runaway. The Thermaltake is a nice cheap case, the Sonata II is just plain a very nice case.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

i have it and really like it
zepper
Legit User
Legit User

Post by zepper »

Funny, the word that pops into most people's minds upon first encountering the Tsunami is "flimsy".

.bh.

:drinkers:
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

cuz it's light

although, i do think the hard drive bay is shotty. i had to bend my clips on the bottom so the damn thing would slide out when i needed it to. and i've see that it's pretty easy to change the shape of the hard drive bay from a rectangle to a quadralateral parallelogram. other than that, i like it. it's light and it looks sweeter than any of the other cases i've seen at lans.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

well, as far as flimsy I disagree. I'm not going to sit on it or anything, I'm going to put some very fragile and valuable parts in it and set it under my desk, so I don't know how stout it needs to be. I used that case for awhile before giving it to a friend and he loves it