IDF: Intel Technology Showcase

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

IDF: Intel Technology Showcase

Post by Apoptosis »

Well now that I am back from IDF and now getting more than 1-4 hours of sleep a night I put together an article on some of the cool stuff that was to be seen at the IDF Fall 2004 Showcase.
Kingston had a clear cased demo system running some of their new PC2-5400 HyperX modules. They also had some of their new generation DataTraveler that have read speeds up to 19MB/sec and write speeds of up to 13MB/sec. Their original USB key had a maximum sustained write speed of only 1.5MB/sec, so the new generation is up to 9 times faster than the original. That should be a night and day difference and make a great product even better.
Full article can be found HERE!

Some Random Photos NOT in the Article:

Intel 915GV Chipset Demo System
x1 PCI Express TV Tuner Card
Intel 2700G Multimedia Accelerator in Action

This wasn't from Intel... but it is some dual core AMD 64 for you ;)

kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

That TV-Tuner looks funny with that small PCI-X connector :) good article, but you shouldn't have put the "Welcome" sign above the good-bye line :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I was wondering if anyone would catch that.

When you left the showcase (lower level) you had to go up those stairs and that is the sign showing. One would think it would be a "see you next year" sign, but guess not. Plus to be honest I wanted it in the article because it looked neat with the chrome hand rail, steps, and being taken looking up. Trust me I'm not a photographer at all, but that shot came out looking good.