What DirectX 10 Will Look Like At First

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

What DirectX 10 Will Look Like At First

Post by Apoptosis »

Wondering what DirectX 10 means to you as a gamer and what kind of difference you can expect to see in the first few titles? We take glance at one of the first DirectX 10 titles that will hit the market, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures! Age of Conan is the first MMO to be released with DirectX 10 technology, which is significant for those that want to use their DXirectX 10 graphics cards for the first time. Read on to compare DX9 and DX10 screen shots from Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures!

Article Title: What DirectX 10 Will Look Like At First
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/487/1/
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Nice article! I like the mouseover effect to switch between DX9 and DX10 screenshots!

Since I liked it, I Dugg it!: http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/What_Di ... e_At_First
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
pcrobot
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pcrobot »

Great article! The rollover images really showed off the DX10/9 difference.
Baddad53
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Baddad53 »

Great simple article and the changing image on mouse over was nice. I hate having to click all the time ;)
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

short and simple yet very informative, great job Brian
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

That was a good, quick article to show off some differences. I'm still holding out hope for DX10 to somehow work in XP. I've been looking forward to Conan for a while now, but I don't want Vista... :drinkers:

Anyway, thanks!
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Wow, just WOW (not WoW :P )!!! Looks amazing, though it took me a minute to realize I had to roll over the pics :lol: . Hope they get everything straighted out in Vista soon so I can take full advantage of my 8800!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

WOW - maybe even though the new 8 series cards are only up to the 7 series benchmarks, they might be worth the money just for that!

I would wait till it is released though, since maybe they will include a REAL dx10 game for free then ;)

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

KnightRid wrote:WOW - maybe even though the new 8 series cards are only up to the 7 series benchmarks, they might be worth the money just for that!

I would wait till it is released though, since maybe they will include a REAL dx10 game for free then ;)

Mike
Even when the new ATI HD 2900 XT and all the HD 2000 Series cards come out they will be without a DX10 game title!
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

The difference between DX9/10 seems pretty impressive :lol: The forest in the last screenshot is awesome.
liqnit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by liqnit »

I am impressed!
So basically in any other cards it will be rendered by the CPU ?
or not visible at all?
Cannyone
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Cannyone »

Well this is the game that I'm installing Vista for and buying a DX10 card for... :) I won't really "upgrade" both my systems. But I'm the the process of building a whole new system. I may sell most of the parts out of one system to bankroll the graphics card purchase. :|

The parts that are scheduled to arrive tomorrow are the CPU, motherboard, and RAM. Then in a couple more weeks I'll buy either some R600 variant, or an 8800GTX. I've already signed up for AoC beta. :P
Indignity
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Indignity »

Uggg!! this just kills my post about the 8600!!

I want an 8800GTX now!
Intel Core2Duo e6600 @ 3.78GHz/1.47v n ASUS P5N-E sli n 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2 8500(currently 5-5-5-15-2t) n FSP Group (Fortron) FX Series FX700-GLN-E 700W Power Supply n APEVIA X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL Case n eVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 n 1.25TB Seagate Barracudas(3 setup as hot-swap) n AuzenTech XMYSTIQUE7.1 Sound Card n Innovatek Eheim HPPS Plus 12V WaterPump n Danger Den TDX CPU block n Swiftech MCR320-QP (3x120mm) Radiator