Albatron GeForce 8600 GTS Video Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Based on the GeForce 8800 series GPUs, the GeForce 8600 series finally brings DirectX 10 to the masses at mainstream price points. The Geforce 8600 GTS is the successor to the 7600 GT, which was one of the best value DirectX 9 graphics cards of 2006. Read on as we look at the Albatron GeForce 8600 GTS Video Card and compare it to several others around the same price point!

Article Title: Albatron GeForce 8600 GTS Video Card Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/499/1/
liqnit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by liqnit »

thanks for a good review
i think as you mentioned, that the 128Bit is holding that card.
the 256Bit edition will be a real mid range killer.
regarding albatron this company is making great value products .
I would like to see thier 680i Board when it is out.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

what's sad about Albatron though is ZipZoomFly doesn't carry them and Newegg only have four video cards from them and they are all old school ones that are sub $50... The needs more channel presence in the US.
liqnit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by liqnit »

maybe it will better now that they will go with more high end product like the 680i and such
this board with a decent price will make them very attractive.
BTW -
you got this card from the American distributor of albatron then why not ask
them to push it a little maybe do a group sale on the forum...
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

Last albatron card I saw is my geforce 4 ti 4600 lol. which was a rocking card back in the day. so no solder moding for the overclocking of the 8600 like that one review did? with mad voltage increases. That was a hell of an overclock. I guess most people wouldn't dare risk that anyway. So probably good you didn't. Glad to see all of these reviews coming out. keep em coming.
Indignity
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Indignity »

I'm not one to spend a crapload of money on a new video card, but I'm puzzled on where this one actually fits into the equation.

Yeah, it's a DX10 capable card, but seeing that it barely keeps up with a 7900GT really doesn't make me stand up and take notice. I think it would get my attention if it came close to performing close to the 8800GTS. Better yet, see the prices come down on the 8800 flavor all together.

Thanks for reviewing this card because it helped me say "No" to thinking about jumping at one of these for now.
Intel Core2Duo e6600 @ 3.78GHz/1.47v n ASUS P5N-E sli n 4x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2 8500(currently 5-5-5-15-2t) n FSP Group (Fortron) FX Series FX700-GLN-E 700W Power Supply n APEVIA X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL Case n eVGA GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 n 1.25TB Seagate Barracudas(3 setup as hot-swap) n AuzenTech XMYSTIQUE7.1 Sound Card n Innovatek Eheim HPPS Plus 12V WaterPump n Danger Den TDX CPU block n Swiftech MCR320-QP (3x120mm) Radiator