Flying Helicopters!!

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Flying Helicopters!!

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

I dont know what the heck, but there has been some advertisement for a flight school to fly helicopters lately and on a whim I decided to sign up for a seat in the seminar tonight. We all have that dream to some day fly and to be honest I really dont know what i want to do with my life yet. LOL Anyone have family or friends that fly helicopters?? What were thier experiences?

The Flight school is hellaciously expensive, but i figured it will be worth it to make a carrier out of it if its something that I actually decide to go with. I mean, how many people can say, "Yeah, I fly helicopters!" LOLOL Who knows this just might be a childhood fantasy taking over.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Flying Helicopters!!

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Yah, I can fly a few different types, UH-1's, OH-6's and OH-58's.................... :mrgreen: . Learned back in the good ole Army days while I was a aerial observer/flight engineer/crew chief. I can't offically fly alone or anything like that mind you, but I do know all the combat basics well enough to get the aircraft back and on the ground without crashing............. :shock:. Basic flight is one of the first things pilots teach you when you get on flight status, it could save everyone in the aircraft.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I would fly an airplane before a helicopter. I trust a fixed wing more than a rotating one!
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

One acquintaince is a pilot on the Cormorant chopper. Probably allot more advance then what you'd be using. Has heating rotor blades, auto-pilot, GPS controlled self-centering, etc. He liked it better then the old Labrador which had a great service life, which the Cormorants might not match.

Another acquintaince, didn't survive a crash on the east coast. I felt really bad for his two young daughters.

If one really wanted to fly, a career in the military is an awesome choice. Although I just can't picture flying something like a C17 which is bigger then my property.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

I really think i am going to do it, not 100% sure yet. I have an appointment with another flight school who is going to take me and teach me and let me fly for like 30min or so.

This is cetainly a 90degree turn in my life, but ya know....Its an understatement when they say "You only Live Once!!"