The Biggest Truck Tailpipe I Have Ever Seen

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Biggest Truck Tailpipe I Have Ever Seen

Post by Apoptosis »

I was getting off the highway the other day and came up behind this guy on the exit ramp... It has to be a 10-12" exhaust pipe...

Check out the pictures... No Photoshop was used... These are the real un-edited pictures that I took from my car. Only in Missouri I say... I usually don't have a camera in my car, but this time I did and was able to capture this moment in time! :)
Attachments
diesel_truck_pipe.jpg
diesel_truck_pipe.jpg (51.96 KiB) Viewed 7276 times
diesel_truck_pipe2.jpg
diesel_truck_pipe2.jpg (51.01 KiB) Viewed 7275 times
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: The Biggest Truck Tailpipe I Have Ever Seen

Post by T-Shirt »

What did it sound like? or was the guy saying he personally has got a big "exhaust" hole? :lol:
Just wonder what the purpose is/might be. :?
And what's the bungie cord on the trailer hitch do?
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

OMG, what a redneckmobile
Joe
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

T-Shirt wrote:Just wonder what the purpose is/might be. :?
Make the engine sound louder? We get types over here who will stick things onto their pipes to try and make them look bigger. Its just tacky though.
T-Shirt wrote:And what's the bungie cord on the trailer hitch do?
Looks like its holding the bumper on! Or maybe holding the pipe up.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

maybe its to smuggle small people or items?

or someone is REALLY REALLY trying to make up for something 8-[

*cough cough*
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

DMB2000uk wrote:
T-Shirt wrote:
T-Shirt wrote:And what's the bungie cord on the trailer hitch do?
Looks like its holding the bumper on! Or maybe holding the pipe up.

Dan
Or maybe actting as a large rubber band like a windup toy. :roll:
Not sure if Apoptosis chopped it for the redneck protection, but the truck doesn't appear to have a license plate (I'm assuming Missouri has those, perhaps, even usually requires them in most cases)
moon111
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by moon111 »

If you compare engine size to exhaust tip size, this truck makes much more sense then allot of rice-burners I've seen.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

a literal melon shooter. LOLOL Nice
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

OK, someone has done a little adjustment with the Photocropping *edititing* or the owner of the truck wanted better exhaust flow.

Yes, many HD F-350's are diesel powered and have a large diameter tailpipe exhaust. However, I've never seen one this large. Usually, the maximum size is about 4-1/2-inches.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

That would be an 8" exhaust, and he is most likely killing his engine with it, unless he has tweaked the and running propane injection and a higher turbo boost.

The biggest I have seen on the trucks that come into work are 5" and that is do to some of the new EPA requirements for Cali on certain horsepower ratings. Stock is 3-1/2" I believe.
T-Shirt wrote: Not sure if Apoptosis chopped it for the redneck protection, but the truck doesn't appear to have a license plate (I'm assuming Missouri has those, perhaps, even usually requires them in most cases)
Here in MO large trucks are not required to have a rear plate do to towing and such. They still like for you to put one on or atleast in the back window, but its not something you will get a ticket over.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
skier

Post by skier »

in my little town, there WERE about 5 trucks you hear start up about a 1/8 of a mile away, and all of em had custom chrome rims, oversized tires, and 6"+ lift kits with $$$ in the suspension
the following being 2004 and newer:

- Black F350 Diesel that sounded like a jet :shock: - the tailpipe was about as big, but doesnt stick out so much
-Red Dodge Ram 2500 equally loud
-another red dodge less loud but not much
-Blue F250 Gasser, could hear it while you were driving down the highway 300ft behind it :shock:
-White F250 Gasser, the loudest of the bunch
- Black (90's) Chevy w/stack exhaust
-white dodge that recently rearended someone
- and miscellaneous other trucks less illegally loud

- and the rich kid at my school had a 90s Chevy 1500 that managed to be louder than everyone else

this is the small towns of Peru and Dixfield Maine, i say WERE earlier because the cops have been cracking down on loud exhaust due to unhappy townspeople complaining in the newspaper, so theyv been pulling people over all the time just for the exhaust
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

That's a redneck exhaust, since I'm from Missouri I wonder if I should follow suit and adapt a box fan to my puter (not). :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Not sure if Apoptosis chopped it for the redneck protection, but the truck doesn't appear to have a license plate (I'm assuming Missouri has those, perhaps, even usually requires them in most cases)
Nope like I said no photoshopping was done at all.

In Missouri certain trucks don't need a rear plate: http://dor.mo.gov/mvdl/drivers/dlguide/chapter12.pdf
If you have a truck licensed in excess of 12,000 pounds, you will only receive one plate, which must be placed on the front of the truck. If you want a second plate, it must be specifically requested. You must place the original plate on the front of your truck and if a second plate is issued, it must be placed on the rear of the truck.
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

That's weird (the front only thing) alot of state require a rear plate, with front optional here in washington you must have front a rear plates clearly visible, but only the rear gets month and year registration tags (both used to get a month tag) they now require new plates every ten years (they say the reflective layer wears out) at the car owners expense, for an extra $20 you can get the same plate #. I bet most people here couldn't tell you their plate # any more, (say, if the car is stolen or towed) without looking it up. (usually at home) :shock:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

We have loud exhaust around here too... I am just across the river from west virginia.

About the license places, I remember even my last car's plate! Now I just have to memorize my VIN.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

vicaphit wrote:We have loud exhaust around here too... I am just across the river from west virginia.
I can defiantly confirm that, about anywhere around SR32 (good ol' Appalachian Highway) you can find a truely amazing and varied array of rednecks, from the stereotypical Foxworthy rednecks to the terrifying Deliverance rednecks...gets really funny when you get down by the Ohio river

@Nate's pic, I think thats probably an exhaust pipe from a semi...either that or Top Gear came back to America to see who can make the most redneck car, was there an uppity Brit behind the wheel? :lol:
skier

Post by skier »

when i was in pennsylvania, you only need a rear plate, no front, most cars didnt even have the bracket or even holes for it in the front bumber :P makes cars look a lot better :supz:
-Austin
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
blitz121
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by blitz121 »

I like how people have exaust these days. Back in my day you let your muffler rust off at the cab
skier

Post by skier »

blitz121 wrote:Back in my day you let your muffler rust off at the cab
got a few of them around here too :) one kid doesnt have anything more than the headers :roll:
-Austin
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

[quote="Alathald"]you can find a truely amazing and varied array of rednecks, from the stereotypical Foxworthy rednecks to the terrifying Deliverance rednecks...gets really funny when you get down by the Ohio river[quote]

We have both kinds over here in Ohio too...

Deliverance rednecks: I was driving down a state route and had to duck when I saw a redneck pulling back a bow about to shoot it across the highway at a target on the other side.

Foxworthy rednecks: In high school I had to drive by a trailer that had an old camero on concrete blocks, and the grass was almost as high as the roof, they mowed once a year. It also had no hood or windows.
AND
A house near the deliverance rednecks as stated before had 2 non working cars stacked on top of one another.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit