What songs do you like?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
SepheronX
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

What songs do you like?

Post by SepheronX »

What songs do you guys like? And please don't let it be rap (hahaha jk, you can like whatever you want).

Personally, its Heavy metal and rock.
Zelig
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zelig »

I'm into most variants of rock and metal. Pink Floyd to Rage Against the Machine to Cake, it's all good.

I'm generally not into death metal, or music where the singing degenerates into screaming or grunting, even though I admire the instrument work that a few such bands manage.

Currently listening to Marilyn Manson, next in my playlist is the Sex Pistols, then The Alan Parsons Project.
odie2190
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by odie2190 »

everything. except country.
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

this might be overkill but,

Nine Inch Nails, The Agony Scene, Johnny Cash, The Haunted, Lamb of God, Extol, Behemoth, Jay-Z, Notorious B.I.G., Mos Def, Linkin Park, Team Sleep, Nile, Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys, Fugazi, Comeback Kid, Saves The Day, Trigger Point, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Queen, Led Zeppelin, Oingo Boingo, XTC, Squeeze, Genesis, Jeff Beck, Joe Satriani, Nodes of Ranvier, Gunzoo, Primus, Arsis, xDiscipleX a.d., Deftones, Marylin Manson and the Spooky Kids, Sworn Enemy, Tool, Silent Civilian, Loudermilk, Assemblage 23, A Perfect Circle, Into Eternity, Vader, Silverchair, Deathbed, Fort Minor, Blindside, Gorillaz, Bubba Sparxxx, Spineshank, AP2, Becoming The Archetype, Living Sacrifice, Lost Prophets, The Bouncing Souls, MxPx, Papa Roach, Static-X, Aphex Twin, Zao, Tech N9ne, Training For Utopia, Craig's Brother, Sublime, Cake, Chevelle, Psychostick, PRODIGY, Skinny Puppy, Sky's The Limit, Glass Casket, Planes Mistaken For Stars, Spock's Beard, Dimmu Borgir....

those are a few bands i'm partial to at the moment.
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
skier

Post by skier »

stopthekilling77 wrote:... Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Queen, Led Zeppelin...
awesome, heres my list(i wrote this a while ago, its not obsessive)
.38 special, 10cc, ACDC, Aerosmith, Albert Hammond, Alice Cooper, America, Andy Kim, Argent, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Bachman Turner Overdrive(BTO), Bad Company, Bad Finger, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Billy Squire, Blue Oyster Colt, Blue Swede, Blues Image, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, Boz Scaggs, Bread, Bruce Springsteen, Buffalo Springfield, Carl Douglas, Santana, Carly Simon, Cat Stevens, COTB, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Cliff Richards, Cream, CCR, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Dave Edmunds, Dave Mason, David Bowie, David Essex, Deep Purple, Derek And The Dominoes, Dire Straits, Don Henley, Don Mclean, Donovan, Dr. John, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Edgar Winters Group, ELO, Elton John, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Eric Burden & War, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Foghat, Foreigner, Frankie Vallie & the Four Seasons, Free, Gallery, Gary Wright, George Harrison, George Thorogood, Gerry Rafferty, Golden Earring, Gordon Lightfoot, Grand Funk Railroad, The Grateful Dead, Guns n Roses, Hall & Oates, Head East, Heart, Iron Butterfly, J Geils Band, Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Jethro Tull, Jig Saw, Jim Croche, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Cocker, Joe Jackson, Joe Walsh, John Cougarn Mellencamp, John Lennon, Johnny Nash, Journey, Kansas, KC and The Sunshine Band, Kenny Loggins, KISS, Led Zeppelin, Lee Michaels, Leo Sayer, Linda Ronstadt, Looking Glass, Lou Reed, Loverboy, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Manfred Manns Earth Band, Maxine Nightingale, Meatloaf, Melanie, Mott The Hoople, Mountain, Mungo Jerry, Nazereth, Neil Sedaka, Neil Young, Night RangerNorman Greenbaum, The Outlaws, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Paper Lace, Pat Benetar, Paul Mccartney, Paul Simon, Peter Frampton, Peter Gabriel, Pilot, Pink Floyd, Procul Harum, Pure Praire League, Queen, Ram Jam, Rare Earth, REO speedwagon, Reunion, Rick Derringer, Ringo Starr, Robert Palmer, Rod Stewart, Roy Orbison, Rupert Holmes, Rush, Sammy Hagar, Sanford Townsend Band, Seals & Crofts, Simon & Garfunkel, Spirit, Starland Vocal Band, Steely Dan, Steppenwolf, Steve Miller Band, Stevie Wonder, Stories, Strawberry Alarm Clock, The Styx, Sugar Loaf, Supertramp, Sweet, T-rex, Ted Nugent, Ten Years After, Terry Jacks, The Allman Brothers Band, The Animals, The Band, The Bay City Rollers, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, The Bellamy Brothers, The Black Crowes, The Byrds, The Cars, The Clash, The Commodores, The Doobie Brothers, The Doors, The Eagles, The Emotions, The Five Stairsteps, The Grass Roots, The Guess Who, The Hollies, The James Gang, The Kingsmen, The Kinks, The Knack, The Lovin Spoonful, The Mamas and the Papas, The Marshall Tucker Band, The Moody Blues, The O'Jays, The Police, The Pretenders, The Ramones, The Raspberries, The Righteous Brothers, The Rolling Stones, The Spencer Davis Group, The Spinners, The Standells, The Talking Heads, The Troggs, The Turtles, The Who, The Yard Birds, The Young Bloods, The Zombies, Thin Lizzy, Three Dog Night, Todd Rundgren, Tom Jones, Tom Petty, Traffic, Van Halen, Van Morrison, War, Warren Zevon, Yes, ZZ Top.
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
ScottLovesDogs

Post by ScottLovesDogs »

Well, at the risk of getting spammed for this:

About 90% of what I listen to is Classical Music. Most of the remaining 10% is mainly Grateful Dead and related (Jefferson Airplane, Paul Kantner, etc.)

Current "singers" I'm into: Kathleen Battle, Jessye Norman.

Love Gregorian Chant too - it is so peaceful and relaxing, almost meditative.

Edit: 6/16/07 8:30 am: How could I have overlooked and not posted the late Sandy Denny/Fairport Convention (only their recordings with Sandy)? That was awful of me. Sorry.
Last edited by ScottLovesDogs on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

whatever you like man :D i played in orchestra and jazz band (upright and electric bass) in jr high and sang in our elite chorus in high school all 4 years, nothing beat singing a requiem by john rutter in the National Cathedral in DC... siiiiick.
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

skierkid450 wrote:
stopthekilling77 wrote:... Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Queen, Led Zeppelin...
awesome, heres my list(i wrote this a while ago, its not obsessive)
.38 special, 10cc, ACDC, Aerosmith, Albert Hammond, Alice Cooper, America, Andy Kim, Argent, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Bachman Turner Overdrive(BTO), Bad Company, Bad Finger, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Billy Squire, Blue Oyster Cult, Blue Swede, Blues Image, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, Boz Scaggs, Bread, Bruce Springsteen, Buffalo Springfield, Carl Douglas, Santana, Carly Simon, Cat Stevens, COTB, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Cliff Richards, Cream, CCR, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Dave Edmunds, Dave Mason, David Bowie, David Essex, Deep Purple, Derek And The Dominoes, Dire Straits, Don Henley, Don Mclean, Donovan, Dr. John, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Edgar Winters Group, ELO, Elton John, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Eric Burden & War, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Foghat, Foreigner, Frankie Vallie & the Four Seasons, Free, Gallery, Gary Wright, George Harrison, George Thorogood, Gerry Rafferty, Golden Earring, Gordon Lightfoot, Grand Funk Railroad, The Grateful Dead, Guns n Roses, Hall & Oates, Head East, Heart, Iron Butterfly, J Geils Band, Jackson Browne, James Taylor, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Jethro Tull, Jig Saw, Jim Croche, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Cocker, Joe Jackson, Joe Walsh, John Cougarn Mellencamp, John Lennon, Johnny Nash, Journey, Kansas, KC and The Sunshine Band, Kenny Loggins, KISS, Led Zeppelin, Lee Michaels, Leo Sayer, Linda Ronstadt, Looking Glass, Lou Reed, Loverboy, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Manfred Manns Earth Band, Maxine Nightingale, Meatloaf, Melanie, Mott The Hoople, Mountain, Mungo Jerry, Nazereth, Neil Sedaka, Neil Young, Night RangerNorman Greenbaum, The Outlaws, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Paper Lace, Pat Benetar, Paul Mccartney, Paul Simon, Peter Frampton, Peter Gabriel, Pilot, Pink Floyd, Procul Harum, Pure Praire League, Queen, Ram Jam, Rare Earth, REO speedwagon, Reunion, Rick Derringer, Ringo Starr, Robert Palmer, Rod Stewart, Roy Orbison, Rupert Holmes, Rush, Sammy Hagar, Sanford Townsend Band, Seals & Crofts, Simon & Garfunkel, Spirit, Starland Vocal Band, Steely Dan, Steppenwolf, Steve Miller Band, Stevie Wonder, Stories, Strawberry Alarm Clock, The Styx, Sugar Loaf, Supertramp, Sweet, T-rex, Ted Nugent, Ten Years After, Terry Jacks, The Allman Brothers Band, The Animals, The Band, The Bay City Rollers, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, The Bellamy Brothers, The Black Crowes, The Byrds, The Cars, The Clash, The Commodores, The Doobie Brothers, The Doors, The Eagles, The Emotions, The Five Stairsteps, The Grass Roots, The Guess Who, The Hollies, The James Gang, The Kingsmen, The Kinks, The Knack, The Lovin Spoonful, The Mamas and the Papas, The Marshall Tucker Band, The Moody Blues, The O'Jays, The Police, The Pretenders, The Ramones, The Raspberries, The Righteous Brothers, The Rolling Stones, The Spencer Davis Group, The Spinners, The Standells, The Talking Heads, The Troggs, The Turtles, The Who, The Yard Birds, The Young Bloods, The Zombies, Thin Lizzy, Three Dog Night, Todd Rundgren, Tom Jones, Tom Petty, Traffic, Van Halen, Van Morrison, War, Warren Zevon, Yes, ZZ Top.

Did you miss any body from the 60's, 70's, or the 80's?
Quite the Excellent list, I'll second that list and add a couple more.....
Cheryl Dilcher, King Crimson, StarCastle, Lucifer's Friend, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Montrose just to name a few more!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

Power/Death/Black Metal and Rock/Metal that is older than me. 8)
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Lots of metal fans...cool!

I just bought the new Dream Theatre cd, systematic chaos, and it is awesome.

I am also a big fan of Tool, Symphony X, Pantera, Amorphis, Godsmack, Zep, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, The Doors, Pink Floyd...etc
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

vicaphit wrote:I just bought the new Dream Theatre cd, systematic chaos, and it is awesome.
Got it as well, didn't take the time to really listen to it yet.
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

I have always like the music from the Battlefield vietnam soundtrack i even bought it, good music on it though
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
Maxtron
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by Maxtron »

generally most of the above, plus i'm a ska whore :)

streetlight manifesto tops all, but suburban legends, reel big fish, the aquabats, five iron frenzy and the mockingbirds own. also some mc frontalot and mc chris for the nerdcore factor.
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

Oh my god!!! Go Kurby Dance!
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
I² keepin it real
skier

Post by skier »

camaroguy1998 wrote: ...Did you miss anybody from the 60's, 70's, or the 80's?
Quite the Excellent list...
hey thats just who i listen to(actually taken directly off my MP3 player) :finga:

and i have 85 out of Led Zeppelin's 86 songs(i just cant find "something else")
-Austin
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

skierkid450 wrote:
camaroguy1998 wrote: ...Did you miss anybody from the 60's, 70's, or the 80's?
Quite the Excellent list...
hey thats just who i listen to(actually taken directly off my MP3 player) :finga:

and i have 85 out of Led Zeppelin's 86 songs(i just cant find "something else")
Thats outrageous but weres Stairway To Heaven by led Zepplin, and if u listen closely to the song Tenacious D Tribute you can hear that there singing about that song!! (by playing the Chorus)
I² keepin it real
skier

Post by skier »

kappage wrote: Thats outrageous but weres Stairway To Heaven by led Zepplin..
on led zeppelin 4 which has an awesome record casing(yeah, thats right, a record)
-Austin
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

skierkid450 wrote:
kappage wrote: Thats outrageous but weres Stairway To Heaven by led Zepplin..
on led zeppelin 4 which has an awesome record casing(yeah, thats right, a record)
I have an Un Opened Billy Joel piano man Record :finga: beat that
I² keepin it real
skier

Post by skier »

kappage wrote: I have an Un Opened Billy Joel piano man Record :finga: beat that
have u seen the inside of LZ 4 though, people dont put neearly that much design into CDs nowadays, the effort is gone :(
-Austin
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

No show me!
I² keepin it real