Earthquake

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Earthquake

Post by Amy »

OJIYA, Japan -- Another powerful earthquake has hit Japan, two days after a series of deadly tremors rattled the same area killing at least 25 people and injuring more than 1,200.
Earthquake
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

its a scary thought... japan that is the worlds the most prepared and well-educated country on earthquakes, the earthquake still manages to do the damage it does... just shows u the scale of things compared to us, whatever we do, we can never even hope to come close to overccoming nature...
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

Big quake, fairly shallow.
We hade a quake that size here in 2001, and some things still aren't fixed.
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Amy »

The only earthquake I ever experienced was when I was in 3rd grade and the New Madrid Fault (which is like 30 miles away from home) trembled. I didn't realize what was going on until after it was over. I cannot imagine going through a big one!
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

It's a different (sort of queasy) feeling.
and mostly by the time you figure out what happening , and (hopefully) get in a safe spot, it's over.
but they say that in this area, mega quakes (8+) happen every 300 years (last one was January,1700 :shock: ) and it will not only be more intense, but shake for up 3 minutes :shock: :shock: . Many/most buildings will be damaged, and there should be plenty of time to stop screaming and look around :lol: