Anyone in the UK who owes a car.

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
jigr69
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Anyone in the UK who owes a car.

Post by jigr69 »

In response to a conversation a colleague and myself had a while ago about funding of UK roads, the possibility of road tax increases, congestion charging appearing in more cities and than the introduction of motorway tolls, I decided to experiment with an idea.

http://www.abolishroadtax.com is a website designed to investigate the amount of money required to be added per litre of fuel in order to be able to replace completely road tax, congestion charging and motorway tolls, in one fell swoop.

175 people have completed the survey to date, but would like more in order to give it credibility. I emailed the RAC and the AA with the website details, only to find several months later, the RAC conducted a straw poll which suggested people were willing to per £1 per litre to abolish road tax. The website currently advocates an increase of 7.5p.

Please let me know what you think of the idea and please complete the survey (the more the merrier). (Any graphic designers who can spend an hour or two suggesting ways of improving the cosmetics, I would be most grateful - and give them credit on the website plus a link if they so desired).
Pentium IV | 3.3GHz | 1024MB DDR 400 | 74GB Raptor | NVidia 6600 AGP 256MB