CRUDE-OIL FUTURES HIT NEW HIGH AT $119.74 A BARREL

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

CRUDE-OIL FUTURES HIT NEW HIGH AT $119.74 A BARREL

Post by Apoptosis »

Right now it's sitting at $118.45 a barrel... If it remains at that level I wonder what that will mean for a gallon at the pump...
Oil struck a record high of more than $118 on Tuesday, boosted by a jump in oil demand last month from China, the world's second-biggest energy consumer, and worries about supply from key producers Russia and Nigeria.
- Source
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: CRUDE-OIL FUTURES HIT NEW HIGH AT $118.45 A BARREL

Post by vbironchef »

I just filled my tank, cost me 3.869 per gallon in CA. 50 dollars per tank and I have a 2005 V6 Toyota tacoma. That was for regular, price for premium is over 4 dollars per gallon.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

my car is premium only and the QT by my house was $3.77 for 93 Octane and $3.47 for 87 Octane, which is below the average national gas price
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Means it's time to get another Motor Cycle heck I'm gettin old enough now I could probably pull off a scooter :shock:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Crude oil rose to a record $119.74 a barrel in New York as the dollar dropped to an all-time low against the euro, kindling interest in commodities as an inflation hedge.

The dollar touched $1.60 per euro for the first time on signs the European Central Bank won't cut interest rates because of inflation concerns. Dollar-based commodities like oil are often bought to counter the currency's weakness. Oil also rose on a U.K. strike threat and a Nigerian supply disruption.
It might just break $120 today...
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: CRUDE-OIL FUTURES HIT NEW HIGH AT $119.74 A BARREL

Post by vicaphit »

Maybe I can finally talk my fiancee into letting me get that motorcycle guilt free. It is summer after all, and gas milage would be double my Civic!

We are still paying less than Europe when it comes to gasonline.

I found a CNN article about gas prices here: Keep in mind, this was updated March 2005, so it is pretty old. Look at the bottom of the list though. Venezuala was paying $.12 per gallon in 2005. That sickens me.

Here is a better view of gas prices over the years.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

Ever since gas hit $3 per gallon, I've just felt that the motto for anyone who drives should just be "drop your pants and bend over." The Exxon execs have to pay for their new hybrids somehow or another, right, so they can show us how they're struggling, too. :axe:
"A payphone was ringing and it just about blew my mind,
when I picked it up & said 'Hello' this foot came through the line"
~Bob Dylan
skier

Post by skier »

The worst part is, oil companies break revenue records every damn year and quarter [-X at the expense of the average consumer :evil:

it's like $3.50 here, but maine is usually below the national average
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

I can't help but feel a twinge of bitterness when I hear US types moan at how much they are paying for fuel.

Try buying it in the UK :mrgreen:

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Your bitterness should be directed at those responsible for the high price of oil...OH YA, that is the US. :mrgreen:

Thanks to Bush, the value of the US dollar is at a record low, which raises the price of crude oil.
bmaverick
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bmaverick »

ibleet wrote:...the value of the US dollar is at a record low, which raises the price of crude oil.

I'm very happy the dollar is at a record low. It's deflated the value of the China currency too. This has greatly helped the US trade deficit in great ways. To bad we are paying for it in other ways.

The bright side of things is that the car companies are being forced to wake up by providing better fuel efficient vehicles. (Maybe more or less)

As for the motorcycle/scooter, most third world countries run those pollution making bikes all the time. At least in North America, the newer bikes come with smog controls.
My heatware!

Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

i hate how the prices go up and come down a little then go up more again then come back down a little again and we all go "thank god it came back down" even though we're still paying more than we were originally...

we're getting screwed and there's nothing we can do but shell out or hoof it. personally, if i had ANY amount of spare cash i'd buy a Vespa or something.
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

How are alternate fuel vehicles doing in the UK Dan? All I see from the UK is TopGear, and they drive vehicles that get 7 miles to the gallon.

I know UK cars are generally smaller and get better milage, but are there a lot of electrics/hybrids?
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

stopthekilling77 wrote:i hate how the prices go up and come down a little then go up more again then come back down a little again and we all go "thank god it came back down" even though we're still paying more than we were originally...

we're getting screwed and there's nothing we can do but shell out or hoof it. personally, if i had ANY amount of spare cash i'd buy a Vespa or something.

Vespa. Oh ... :vom:

Those things are sooooooo U-G-L-Y. LOL :mrgreen: My grandma rides one.

Vespa PX 150 2005

A modern styled motor scooter looks like ...

E-ton or SYM 116mpg

or

Diamo Velux or Baron BAS or Galaxy Jonway 90mpg

I'm looking at a few of them. The 150cc to 250cc 4-stroke engines are great for fuel sipping and still pack a punch on the highways.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

I actually like the Vespa, it's retro :oops:

I currently am hoofing it everywhere though, not only is gas to expensive but so is insurance (6pts :) )
ibleet
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by ibleet »

Pfft! I like the yellow one, except for the color of course. If it was red, black or blue, it would be HOT. :P

BTW, I am buying 2 150cc scooters to take on vacation this summer. Those are everywhere down in Rehoboth Beach.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

vicaphit wrote:How are alternate fuel vehicles doing in the UK Dan? All I see from the UK is TopGear, and they drive vehicles that get 7 miles to the gallon.

I know UK cars are generally smaller and get better mileage, but are there a lot of electrics/hybrids?
To be honest, I don't really see many, but it's true that if you aren't specifically looking for something, you never see it anyway.

But like you said, UK cars tend to be that bit more efficient than US cars to start off with. (Topgear does not count for typical cars on the roads in the UK :P)

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Stopped by the Mercedes dealer here in St. Charles to look at the Smart for Two as a possible commuter car for myself. The things have a waiting list as long as my arm, the dealer told me that the list just gets longer every time gas breaks $3.50 here in STL.

Thought about getting a motorcycle, but I'd rather put the cash into a good car. That and I dont have a garage to put it in.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

bubba wrote:Stopped by the Mercedes dealer here in St. Charles to look at the Smart for Two as a possible commuter car for myself. The things have a waiting list as long as my arm, the dealer told me that the list just gets longer every time gas breaks $3.50 here in STL.

Thought about getting a motorcycle, but I'd rather put the cash into a good car. That and I dont have a garage to put it in.
You aren't really looking into getting one of those right? I don't see you driving one, but if you do this is it!
Attachments
Smart.city.coupe.unionflag.arp.jpg
(381.59 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Yup thats it. I set in one, the pharmacy I use has one for making deliveries in. I made mention to the pharmacist about wanting to get one and he let me sit in it. More room on the inside than you think, but its basically 2 bucket seats strapped to a motor and 4 wheels :lol:

But for an 40+ MPG car it would pay for itself in a couple years, the thing only cost 12k.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson