2012 doomsday

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Re: 2012 doomsday

Post by martini161 »

vicaphit wrote:"Now is the time for Procreation!"
alyx and gordon do make a great team... :finga: i want to know why all women s dads cant be like eli :finga:
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

vicaphit wrote:I just don't care if the world ends. Maybe I am not Athiest, maybe I am a Nihilist.
I like to compare my beliefs to Gödel's Incompleteness Thereom (which is a meta-proof that no complex system can be both complete and consistent). We definitely live in a complex system so according to Gödel (and I'm really stretching it here but...) there are truths that are both universal and unprovable...fill that with what you will, be it God, Zeus or the F.S.M.

I'm definitely not a Nihilist though because I believe there are many universal truths and most of them can be found through simple logic but there will always be those unprovable truths, those things we mere mortals will never quite grasp. Then again, I also believe that it's futile to try to 'guess' these truths and fill them with things such as God, Zeus or the F.S.M. (as fun as Pastafarianism is :mrgreen: ) so I'm not really a "religious" person but I do tend think about this kind of stuff a lot...
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

If I were to believe in a god, it would be the FSM. If only for the beer volcano, and the stripper factories. The FSM wouldn't allow for a doomsday because then the beer volcano would run dry due to the mass of people running for it.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
solstring
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by solstring »

I think the end of the world has started, at the year 2000. This is because of terrorist attacks, china becoming the worlds biggest superpower (a comunist state how can this be good?) and alot of fighting between religious states it is probably at its worst ever. Now are we saying that a load of religious people who predicted the end of the world at the year 2000 are wrong when basically all eastern religions are trying to massicar each other right now with bombs and arsenalls big enough to take out probably everyone.

I think there prediction is bang on target, and should have a deep meaning to all those religious people out there. Iran is going to get a nuke, what for to warm there asses at night, or to bomb every neighbouring country into oblivion?? hey i mean if we hated russia and they hated us that much wouldnt we all be dead now? someone would have to stop us. but who could do it? Thats right no one. Its up to us to stop these religious nutters from killing each other before they kill us.

What about oil consumption reaching an all time high at a point when the supplys are almost depleted, man when this stuff runs out the world is gonna stop dead. Thats if we havnt blown each other to hell for the last few drops first. Global warming is also on the horizon however I think this is not a big deal at all as we are gonna run out of oil before we do any major damage to the earth, this is just a mass scam to get people to save oil and I think it is working damn well.

If doomsday is upon us then all the predictions are right and we ar doomed, but hey what can we do about it except for sit back and enjoy the show. if not they are wrong, but man did we get a scare.
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

Well all we can hope is that there is an alien race, such as timelords/Vulcans, come flying by earth and help us!
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
solstring
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by solstring »

what if there is an alien reace controlling us already, and all they care about is enslaving us into a state of controll. I had a dream and all they were doing is enslaving the glaxy or something...
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

what is this glaxy you talk of? Have you seen the episode of southpark where cartman has a satellite up his ass? And it turns out Earth is actually some alien TV show? maybe they just love watchin us trying to kill each other? I say send a nuke to the all seeing eye, (the sun) if we are lucky we will kill everything!
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

umm i hate to tell you this solstring but the us could own china up the but in any war, we are still the biggest supper power in the world. Second of all if iran gets a nuke and tryes to nuke israel, we can blow it out of the sky and send them back to the stoneage in a matter of hours. Third, the worlds oil supply is not almost depleted, we have decades worth of oil left, it is just not easily accesible, contrary to what the liberal media wants you to think
solstring
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by solstring »

Yes we could own china, but what will the result be, oh yehs mass detruction end of the world scenario. Ok and what if we invade iran and russia has something to say, we would be screwed then, ok we might woop russias butt, but who wants to live in a radioactive wastland?

The point is the world is at a very hostile point in time and never befor have so many countrys had such devistating nuclear power, and how could the prophices know about this point in time being so crucial to the survival of the planet?

Oil is hard to reach, but dosnt that mean it is gonna get more expensive, drive the economy up and maybe bring on a recession. god there are so many problems with the world today, we dont stand much chance really. And who wants to spend money on eco friendly power when the west is to busy blowing everone to hell? If we stopped fighting and started working together the world would be a much safer and cleaner place to live, we could be improving services, power efficiancy and doing so much more benefical things.
Wars are the worst abuse of power there is and should be banned.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

no, the result would not be mass destruction. well not on our soil any way. we could destroy china and any other country with out the help of nukes. Russia wont have any thing to say about Iran, and if they do they can discuss it with NATO. Russia is not stupid enough to use nukes over something petty like that. And as for you view of banning war, if we banned war, what would we have done about Hitler? what if some one like him came to power again. what would we do then? IMO only complete fools throw down their arms. i will never do that, not when death lasts for ever. You seem to be very cynical about everything, just as i once was. but what people don't realize is that even if we do get in a nuclear war, they are win able. just because the world is now different, what are you going to do cry about it? I've learned in life that no matter what happens, you just have to soldier on. the human race has gone through much tougher times, and we will have the ability to go through hell and back again, just as we have proved many times in the past. And this is the last thing im going to say on this subject as i dont want to start a flame war
solstring
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by solstring »

I am saying that Hitler is a prime example of why the world we live in will be destroyed. It is the humans like that that choose to wage war and take people over that will cause are socetys to crumble, ok we had to defend ourselfs from him but only because he was like everyone else and saw power as a means of control. It is in our human nature to fight and this will cause our end. I am saying why do people feel it nessesary to fight and provoke each other this is a major floor in the way we have been designed. There is always a better way than to fight but our curse is that we cannot see it. ergo we kill each other to defend but only because people attack to gain and this is why we will never be safe.
solstring
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by solstring »

Hey reply if u want I dont mind
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

solstring wrote: Thats if we havnt blown each other to hell for the last few drops first. Global warming is also on the horizon however I think this is not a big deal at all as we are gonna run out of oil before we do any major damage to the earth, this is just a mass scam to get people to save oil and I think it is working damn well.

That's how I believe Global Warming is going to take place. The launch of a few dozen nukes globally. There will be enough heat to make our factories and cars look like fresh air.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Actually the launching of a few dozen nukes would produce an over all cooling effect. Dust in the atmosphere reflecting light rays back into space. Other than the immediate effects of killing large portions of the population it's supposed to have much the same effect as a Volcano erupting. Enough nukes going off and you get a super volcano type effect, black skys, global cooling, Nuclear winter, pretty much an Extinction level event.

At least that's what they were teaching when I was on the NBC team in the military. From what I see on PBS it's pretty much the accepted theory.

I think it's the asteroid Nibiru due to have a close miss/hit Dec 12, 2012. Dec 11th would be a good day for a National holiday, it probably won't hit but any excuse for a day off.

Personally if the end is near I hope we get a few days warning, it'd be a heck of a party.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Methious wrote:At least that's what they were teaching when I was on the NBC team in the military.
Yep yep
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Methious wrote:Personally if the end is near I hope we get a few days warning, it'd be a heck of a party.
More like mass riot!

Imagine if they did declare that we were all going to die in a few days and gave everyone the last few days off, and they they got it wrong and nothing happened!

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
Methious
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Methious »

Mass Riot/Party pretty close to the same thing. You'd think that mass extinction would kind of render the mass riots moot. Sure their might be some mass riots, if they happen in my neck of the woods there would be an outbreak of mass shootings. (Preferably from the roof while enjoying a 12 pack).

If they turned out to be wrong the rioters would feel pretty silly, me well it'd be good target practice.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

Everyone get your tinfoil hats!
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
aircommando13
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by aircommando13 »

Maybe Bethesda got it right and the world will turn into Fallout 3
Intel E8500 @ 4.0GHz
4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 800MHz
EVGA 750i SLI FTW
Seagate 7200.11 500GB HD
EVGA GTX 260 55nm
Antec 630 watt PSU
Samsung 22x DVD/+/-RW Burner
Antec p182 Case
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Back to the original topic... The Mayan's were excellent in calculating the positioning of the solar system. But there is no way they had the means to calculate the death of the Sun. Now I do suppose it is possible they could have calculated the position of a comet over time to predict it's collision with Earth... but I don't know about an asteroid...

And yes, it is well known that solar activity (sun spots and solar flares) increase in regular cycles. And the death of the Sun will include a significant increase in size before burning out and collapsing on itself into a white dwarf.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook