Should We Open A Flame On Forum?

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.

Do you want a mod free flamer section

Yes, I want a mod free area to do and say as I please
29%
No, I think it will do more damage than good
52%
Who cares? I wouldn't post there
19%

Total votes: 31

XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Should We Open A Flame On Forum?

Post by XstollieX »

FZ1 wrote: 1. No threats, ethnic, racial or religious slurs EVER for any reason.
2. No personal attacks. Saying someone is wrong is ok, saying someone is SOB is not.
3. Unless one of the above rules are violated, I don’t expect members to complain the mods just because their feelings get hurt.
I agree, it should have some guidelines. We are all Adults here. As long as it doesn't come to personal attacks, it should be fine. I also feel that it should be members only. Don't know if it can be done but maybe you need a certain # of posts to access it so a new member can't access it, get offended, and not come back, or something of the sort.
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dicecca112 »

OC and XS both had forums like this, both closed them because things got out of hand. It happens there and it'll happen here
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

i dont think it will be worth the trouble i think it will just become a whining section...
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

:drinkers:

I suppose I should make this more meaningful. I admit I was going a little overboard, that's not the typical me. The flame forum idea is a bit extreme, it'd just be a nicer way of handling borderline posts through admin moderation rather than locking the post prematurely and threatening a boot.
aircommando13
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by aircommando13 »

I think that it would ruin one more good thing about these froums that makes it stand out among others in its category
Intel E8500 @ 4.0GHz
4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 800MHz
EVGA 750i SLI FTW
Seagate 7200.11 500GB HD
EVGA GTX 260 55nm
Antec 630 watt PSU
Samsung 22x DVD/+/-RW Burner
Antec p182 Case
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

WOW.....When I started the thread about Obama winning the Presidential Election it was solely to point out the Historical Event!
I did not mean for it to create any hard feelings among the members here at LR!
For that I apologize!

As far as having a Flame category, I don't see a need for it! As many have said already that's just asking for more problems.
BUT,
If one is created....IMHO there should be some rules and the category should be Moderated.
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Sounds like most people are against it and if that is the case, I say majority rules. :|
Joe
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I think it is a bad idea because when you allow diverse people who get along well to speak freely without rules, we can become diverse people who DON'T get along. I love this community and I don't want it to go to s***.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

vicaphit wrote:I think it is a bad idea because when you allow diverse people who get along well to speak freely without rules, we can become diverse people who DON'T get along. I love this community and I don't want it to go to s***.
Agreed! Well Said!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
Sovereign
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sovereign »

Smaller communities like this one are better because since everyone generally acts in moderation, the moderators have very little to do. It's kind of like how "back in the day," Senior Ditch Day was a prank but today it's "truancy." Society's so uptight these days because some idiot ruined something for the rest of us. Harmless pranks become misdemeanors, mischief becomes criminal. Same thing happens on internet forums... When people understand each other the rules can be applied by the situation, not necessarily the literal letter. In a big forum, you can't do that.

Invite people to act with no rules and it will bring out the worst in people regardless of their intentions.
Play
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz :: 8GB DDR2-800 :: eVGA 9800GX2 :: 7900GTX (secondary) :: abit IP35 Pro :: 150GB Raptor 10k RPM :: 2x750GB WD Caviar :: 120GB WD :: X-Fi XtremeMusic :: NEC 4551A :: BenQ DVD Combodrive (52x32x52) :: Dual 22" Acer AL2216W :: Thermaltake Armor Black :: Logitech Z5500 5.1

Work
Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHz :: 4GB DDR3 @ 1067MHz :: 3670 :: Intel PM45 Chipset :: 500GB 5400RPM SATA :: Integrated Audio :: BD-ROM/DVD Burner :: 16" 1920x1080 RGBLED
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

Sovereign wrote:Smaller communities like this one are better because since everyone generally acts in moderation, the moderators have very little to do. It's kind of like how "back in the day," Senior Ditch Day was a prank but today it's "truancy." Society's so uptight these days because some idiot ruined something for the rest of us. Harmless pranks become misdemeanors, mischief becomes criminal. Same thing happens on internet forums... When people understand each other the rules can be applied by the situation, not necessarily the literal letter. In a big forum, you can't do that.

Invite people to act with no rules and it will bring out the worst in people regardless of their intentions.
i know what your sayings. its like you cant cherry bombs someones mail box without the whole friggin police force comin to get you :finga:
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Well america is a democracy, in hopes to be free ironically freed from govt. so I say give it a go. If you prefer not to be part of it, DONT POST!!!!

If you dont want to get thrown in jail for 4 years for having .0000000001mg of accidental marijuana on your being then dont go to dubai! LOLOL
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

I gotta say I do agree with almost everyones POV. But, think about it this way if people want to rant on something unmoderated then instead of them going somewhere else why not just open a section. Put a warning on it if you must. I also believe it should have "moderation and regulation" just pretty loose.
As the post by FZ1
1. No threats, ethnic, racial or religious slurs EVER for any reason.
2. No personal attacks. Saying someone is wrong is ok, saying someone is SOB is not.
3. Unless one of the above rules are violated, I don’t expect members to complain the mods just because their feelings get hurt.

I agree with that 100% and the moderators are very lenient on the site already and no one should ever have to be hurt or turned away. As for the idea, it is to get more people not less. If someone new does try to attack people who are consistent members we could always lock them out. Or cut them off.

But, on the contrary. Do we need a "chat-room"? I probably would RARELY ever see or visit the section unless something caught my eye in hot topics.