Talking about 3D glasses

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Talking about 3D glasses

Post by Tim Burton »

Seems that 3D is going to be the next big thing in gaming.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... technology
Zalman is doing a similar thing with different tech. They had a demo going on with a nice looking 19-inch monitor at its stand. Compared to the Iz3D, it had a better picture dead on, could do more variable separation, and a few other tricks, but was far more sensitive to vertical pitch. It should be out around mid-year for $499.
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/new ... ors-tip-up

The thing that sucks is that Zalman's monitor is $700 at Newegg.com. That is a HUGE price to pay. The price on these definitely need to come down. I need a new monitor in the next 6 months or so, hopefully the price will become respectable in the near future.

Seems that Dolby has a system in place for 3D also.

The only experience I have ever had with 3D was at IMAX twice in my life.

I hope they start mainstreaming this tech so us gamers (and movie watchers) can get even cooler visualization of games and movies.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Talking about 3D glasses

Post by vicaphit »

After trying out the 3d glasses with the left 4 dead hack, I'm not completely impressed. I had such a hard time seeing the cross hairs for all of the games that I tried, and Grid just felt really weird.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

where did you try them at?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

i think hes talking about those cheap ones, not the good nvidia ones...
Tim Burton
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Tim Burton »

I think I'd like to try one of the other high end 3D solutions. Seems by the time you invest in the 120Hz monitor and the high cost glasses, you might as well just invest in the monitor and get two pairs of glasses so you can hook your friend into getting into the same thing.

Even better would be if they put the monitor into a gaming laptop.... :axe:
THRASHER2
Legit User
Legit User

Post by THRASHER2 »

I played left4dead for 2hrs with the nVIDIA 3D Vision Stereoscopic Glasses on the Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ 120Hz LCD and i Loved IT :supz:
blitzymighty
Legit User
Legit User

Post by blitzymighty »

A few developers have been experimenting with making the PS# output 120hz so you can use 3d glasses with them. Rumor is that the PS4 may have this as a standard feature, but it seems like you would have to buy an expensive new screen to use it.