My Valentines weekend....

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

My Valentines weekend....

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Was awesome till sunday night.... Since friday we have been in houston to visit my brother (who was getting in later that night from thier vacation) and have a nice get away for Kristin and I since my brother has a huge huge huge house. So for us it was like a nice valentine resort. LOL Saturday for valentines day we ate at Perrys steakhouse which was a nice $70 a head dinner that my brother paid for us to have a nice time. Anyway, Sunday we went back to this exotic pet store in Houston that Kristin loved and she wanted to pick up a sugar glider. After we got him we went back to my brothers house to play with him.

Our dog Patron was at the bottom of the stairs while we were on the stairs playing with our new family member. A baby gate about 4 steps up separated our dog and us while we played with the sugar glider. Patron was anxious to be with us as he watched from the bottom of the steps... Well the sugar glider decided to explorer higher up on the stairs so we followed it. Sure enough Patron got too anxious and attempted to jump the baby gate. Well to say the least, we ended up with a broken leg gimped puppy, very little sleep, an extra 2 days in houston and ~$3700 in the hole, not to include follow up visits... I can certainly see now how people easily go broke quickly when they already dont have any money, heh, we are one of em now...

http://pics.whatthefogt.com/main.php?g2_itemId=6857

The good news is, he is expected to make a full 100% recovery. It will just be tough to keep a boxer from being rowdy and being the fun loving dogs they are for the next couple of months.
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: My Valentines weekend....

Post by GI-JOE »

That sucks. Feel bad for the pup. :( \

And I thought $900 in auto repairs was a lot! :shock:
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

Hope your puppys ok!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Oohh poor puppy. Though to be honest When you mentioned puppy and sugarglider I though it was gonna be worse. I'm glad it wasn't and I'm glad the pup will make a full recovery :)
Sparky
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sparky »

Sorry to hear about your puppy. I'll keep him in my prayers.
MSI Meg X570 Unify | Ryzen 3900X | Noctuna NH-U12A | G.Skill RipJaws DDR4 3600 16GB | Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe | (2) WD Blue 3TB Backups | MSI 2060 Super Gaming X | Meshify - C | SB X-Fi
x.clay
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by x.clay »

I am sorry to hear about the dog. As I read the story I was expecting it to end with the dog eating the sugar glider.
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500k
Mobo: Asus Z77 Gene
GPU: GTX 470
RAM: 2X4gb G.Skill 1600
OS SDD: Kingston 120 gb SSD
Game SSD: Kingston 128 gb SSD
Storage: Hitachi 1Tb, Intel 80 gb SSD
PSU: Corsair AX 850w
Case: Silverstone FT-03
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Wow he looks so much like my last Boxer who sadly passed away in July..Boxers are kick ass dogs and I wouldn't have any other breed(other than Great Dane)..Just watch out..I was used as a springboard to jump walls or to jump onto the bed :lol:
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

thats really sad to hear.. Hope your dog get better.

When i was younger my family use to have two bernese mountain dogs, they were great!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... s_trio.jpg
56k warning
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

kappage wrote:thats really sad to hear.. Hope your dog get better.

When i was younger my family use to have two bernese mountain dogs, they were great!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... s_trio.jpg
56k warning
WOW those guy are beautiful!

Thank you everyone for the amens!! It was one of the worst nights ever, but we did make it through. Since we have been back home things have been ok. Hes not chewing at the cast and is almost acting like its not even there. :shock: Just as joyful and loving as can be. This guy has always been a trooper! Thank you again guys.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vicaphit »

I expected a dead sugarglider and a full puppy myself. Bones will heal though, and I hope the vet bills didn't impact you to badly.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit