Backpacking in CO

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Backpacking in CO

Post by Illuminati »

My fiance and I are going backpacking in southern Colorado on June 1st. I was wondering if anyone has any experience in the area to recommend any good trails.

Thanks! :)
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Immortal

Post by Immortal »

Good luck with it!

I have a great passion for backpacking, its a great activity! :D
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I grew up there in the Pikes Peak area............There are more trails and parks than you can count. I'm really not sure as to what areas are open now as they have had several very bad fires the past few years.......that's why I moved to Missouri. Like Apoptosis said, you should check online to see what areas are open to hikers and what ones are not. That does change offen due to the amount of rain fall and fire danger. If you go the Divide, Cripple Creek area, I have some good friends that could show you around and put you up for a night or so depending on his work hours. ........ :D
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Amy and I have found some good trail sites... I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations.

Bio-Hazard... we are actually looking for someone to shuttle us to the beginning of our hike... that way we can just hike back to our car.

PM me with some contact info if you think you know someone that will give us a quick shuttle ride. Thanks!
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Last summer I found the best outdoors type place i have ever seen, if you ever get the chance I would highly recommend Moab, Utah. You can do it all there, the weather is nice, there is hiking, rafting, fishing, and the best 4x4 trails I have ever seen. Check it out.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I used to go to Moab everyspring to go mountain biking.............Slick Rock rules..... :P Great place for any outdoor sport.......almost