we need a 404 page redirect during contest

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

we need a 404 page redirect during contest

Post by Darkstar »

kind of gets old quick seeing the old threads dug up and senseless and/or unrelated comments from those trying to make the "quota" ](*,)

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: we need a 404 page redirect during contest

Post by dicecca112 »

I've been addressing them as I see them. Please make us aware, if they show a pattern of spamming, we can negate there entry
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Darkstar wrote:kind of gets old quick seeing the old threads dug up and senseless and/or unrelated comments from those trying to make the "quota" ](*,)

:drinkers:
agreed
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
werty316
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by werty316 »

This is where thread diggers should go: :toimonster:
There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of animals Chuck Norris allows to live.
bigblockmatt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bigblockmatt »

i hit the ! button for you a couple times.
comp specs- too lazy to make a cool looking sig... MB:GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P, AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8Ghz, CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX 4GB PC3-10666, ASUS Radeon HD 4870 512MB, SB audigy gamer, WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 500GB, antec P180 case (extra 120mm fan and 80mm fan), Corsair HX Series 620W: ASSEMBLED June 2009
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

I have a different perspective because I came here because of the contest. (Let me add a disclaimer and say that the contest ended today (the day after your post) and I had already made the "quota" of 5 posts and a post your rig entry. Excessive?)

I'm a lot more worried about the fewer than 88 entrants for a $2000+ rig and the lack of welcome for newbs. If the general feeling among established members is that this contest is an annoyance, don't be surprised when you get what you wish for.
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

I don't find it to be an annoyance at all and I don't think any of us here are trying to drive new members away. We're always interested in new people who want to talk about computer hardware.

I think what irks some of us is when someone digs up a post or thread thats been dead for a few months and then just posts "Yeah, I don't know about that either" or some other such message. It doesn't further the conversation. It's obvious why it was done.

The reason for the minimum number of posts is to get people involved in the conversation, not just to "meet requirements of a contest". I think many of us with the high post counts just hate the fact that we hold a contest to attract new memebers and only keep those memebers for the length of said contest.

Eunoia, you're in the minority here in that you've actually tried to contribute meaningfully in the topics you've posted. And "I" appreciate that. I hope you stick around even after the contest is over.
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

I'm sticking around, thanks! I'm a junkie for tech stuff. If you saw my rig you can see why I don't have a lot more to say. :)
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

dicecca112 wrote:I've been addressing them as I see them. Please make us aware, if they show a pattern of spamming, we can negate there entry

Just check out the active topics page. More than once during this contest, I could tell who signed up for the contest last just by looking at that page. :mrgreen:

Example:

.........last post by "Poster in hopes of winning"

And usually all within 10 minutes of each other. :-k
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

The contest isn't an annoyance to me..I've never thought of a contest as an annoyance honestly..free tech is better than no tech ya know lol..Like Skipp said(and he is right), many of us might get a tad pissy when during a contest someone digs up a thread that's been "dead" for at least 6 months. Heck, I saw one that was almost 2 years old that was dug up during the contest. I like newbies and the knowledge they can bring. They might know something we don't, so they're always welcome. What I'm not fond of, is someone who does not follow rules when they're posted(in red too) on the contest thread.(not implying you or anyone) Welcome to the forums dude.. don't think we don't want ya here lol.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

That's fair enough, I didn't see much of this behaviour despite reading a lot of threads. It just struck me as spoil sport to point it out on the last day of the contest. Now that I think of it, I definitely encourage everyone to report any examples to mods/admins (right after I re-check all my posts)! :mrgreen: