Please stay off the phone while driving

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Please stay off the phone while driving

Post by InspectahACE »

As the title states..I just got into an accident with a lady who was on her cell phone..She pulled over to the right(which appeared like she was stopping to talk) so I attempted to pass her. Next thing I know is, she's trying top make a u-turn right in front of me..no blinker either. I couldn't stop..I hit her, and she was still on her phone!!!!..I grilled her hard about it, but I calmed down to get it taken care of..really sucks that it wasn't even a block away from my house too. Nobody got hurt. my car isn't as damaged as her Jaguar is(muwahahaha). So seriously...either pull over, or put it on speaker phone and pay more attention to the road..because 5-10 minutes before hitting her, I had 4 other near misses because those bastard drivers were on the phone. I can't wait for the new law (hopefully it gets passed, and soon)
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Velo:Sity

Re: Please stay off the phone while driving

Post by Velo:Sity »

There is a nice video, well, not nice actually, made for a UK police department about dangers of cell phone distraction while driving. I hope that watching it will help such people understand all the dangers of such behaviour not only for themselves, but also for innocent people around them.

FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

On my way home from work, I bet no less than 65% of people are on the phone daily. WTF? I pretty much hate talking on the phone. What kills me is to see them at 6:30am jabbering away on the highway. Who are they talking to at 6:30am???
Joe
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

amen brother, drives me freaking insane when I see a left lane cruiser going 20 under on there cell phone. Good to hear karma was at the scene of the accident.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

yea...real crappy situation..luckily the first thing out of her mouth was "Are you ok?" and "holy sh*t I'm so sorry"...so that was a pleasant surprise..i figured she would try to blame me and then get me all wound up..but she didn't..plain and simple accident..sucks it had to be a nice lady who did that, but at least she was nice.....and had insurance :mrgreen: ...she even had the claim number to me within 2 hours, and then her agent calls me with it lol..considering what it could have been,(and the inconvenience of having to go to a body shop) it hasn't been too bad of an experience...so far..plus it was on the same side that got hit(almost no damage on that one) when someone backed into me at a Taco Bell drive-thru so that can be taken care of too :D..

If most people weren't so damn ignorant on the phone while driving, I (or congress) would make a big deal out of it...but since they deem their call more important than my life or other peoples lives, it screws everything up. I'm even guilty of driving on the phone, however I put it on speaker phone and they can repeat themselves when i can't hear them.sorry for the rant lol
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro