Obama Peace Prize

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Obama Peace Prize

Post by Sowser »

I googled the Wiki of the Nobel Peace Prize to read the history and it has been changed to this:

The Nobel Peace Prize (Swedish, Danish and Norwegian: Nobels fredspris) was one of five Nobel Prizes bequeathed by the Swedish industrialist and inventor Alfred Nobel. But as of 2009, the Nobel committee officially indirectly announced they no longer cared about actual achievements, and awarded the prize to current US President Obama for; spending money the US didn't have, reaching beyond the governments' powers and interfering with management of publicly shared businesses, and filling the upper echelons of the US government with under-qualified, and entirely unqualified personnel.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
vicaphit
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Obama Peace Prize

Post by vicaphit »

Yeah, saw on the news that they woke him up really early in the morning to let him know.
----
Andy

New Rig: Intel Q6600 (2.7ghz), ASUS P5KC, 4GB DDR2-800, Palit 9600GT (1GB), Ultra X3 1KW (thanks LR!), Vista 64bit
Dell Rig: AMD Athlon X2 4000+ (2.1ghz), 2 GB DDR2 Ram, MSI 8800GT (512MB), Vista 32bit

PSN: VICaphit
stopthekilling77
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stopthekilling77 »

Yep, he didn't/doesn't deserve it. Kinda waters down the noble Nobel from my point of view.
Cyberpower generic case
B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Ryzen 5 3600 w/PBO/OC
CM Hyper 212 EVO push/pull
Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
MSI RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 3X 8G OC LHR
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
6GB Seagate HDD
EVGA 650BQ 650W PSU
ASUS VE278 27" monitor, Dell E2216HV (vertical)
Logitech Z533 2.1 Speakers, G935 7.1 or G435 headset
MS LXM-00001 keyboard
Razer Deathadder Elite, XBOX One Lunar Shift controller

I've come a long way from my original Core2Duo E6750 build y'all! :supz:
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by GI-JOE »

stopthekilling77 wrote:Yep, he didn't/doesn't deserve it. Kinda waters down the noble Nobel from my point of view.
My thoughts exactly..... well, maybe not exactly but I really can't speak my thoughts on this subject. :snakeman:
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

stopthekilling77 wrote:Yep, he didn't/doesn't deserve it. Kinda waters down the noble Nobel from my point of view.
I agree the Nobel peace prize is not what it used to be.
GI-JOE wrote:My thoughts exactly..... well, maybe not exactly but I really can't speak my thoughts on this subject. :snakeman:
I have the same problem so I am going to keep the rest of my thoughts to myself
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

He got nominated 11 days into his four year term...

Enough said

I have seen zero success for international peace since Obama has taken office.

The Nobel Peace Prize has a cash purse off about $1.4 million, but he intends to give the entire amount to charity or so a White House spokesman said yesterday afternoon.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sowser »

They're saying that it is an attempt by the Nobel committee to influence Obama by giving him the prize and then expecting him to live up to it. It's like when the Veterans organizations send you personalized labels for your envelopes and then ask for a donation.
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.