Post your ride

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

The carb I have on mine drinks gas like there's no tomorrow if I really open it up
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

hmm, I would consider switching the carb out for a hi-flow EFI system with a DFI system (preferably Jacob's Electronics MasterMind). You would definitely get better gas mileage, as it's all ECU-controlled, instead of linkage-controlled.
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

I have a 5.8 Litre 351 EFI
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

hmm, well you're off to a good start then, I would most definitely go with that setup I mentioned earlier since your engine is already set up for EFI, I don't believe you'll be sorry. Like computers, it would behoove you to do some in-depth research before buying components.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

hehe, jk....

killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

just my color too, is it a TDI, or just a regular Jetta?
deadly-app
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by deadly-app »

I don't see the tdi badge, so i would be led to believe its the normal one ;)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

doesn't say anything like 1.8T either? Also, what year model is it?
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

it's a vw passat
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

I don't really have any recent shots of it. Not much changed appearance wise. New tires, new rotors. The new rotors look sweet as hell, that I must add. So now I must get new shots!

My car has well over 300HP, so :P to you, Infuzion! Let's just say, I can throw 4 cars on a 5.7L v8 (manual) Goat by 70. 8) I talked to the guy and he was shocked as hell! :mrgreen:

"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I got a 90 old's 88, not real worthy of a pic posting.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Did you replace the stock supercharger, Nails? That seems like a good deal more HP than the stock supercharger that came with that model GTP.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

my neon is faster than your supercharged GTP :fin:

I believe GTP's came 240-hp witha supercharged 3.8L V6 from the factory till 2003 and then in 2004 they got 260-hp...

The 2004 Grand Prix GTP will sprint to 60 mph in 6.6 seconds, cover a quarter-mile in 15.0 seconds at 93 mph, and pull 0.81 g on the skidpad.

2004-2005 Grand Prix GTP:

Top speed : 138 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 6.6 sec.
0-¼ mile : 15.0 sec @ 93.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 130 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.81 g
Curb Weight : 3669 lbs
Base price : $25,860
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

heheh, it may be electronically controlled, however, there is always the possibility of jumping out the limiter and really pumping out the horses :mrgreen: . That's what I did to my 1988 Taurus 3.8L one time. I found it had an RPM limiter, so I jumped it out, got it up to around 120-130 MPH (would only go about 100-110 before). I guess car manufacturers are trying to cover their "assets" so there won't be any blown engines coming back, lol.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

And man, I can't to get the opportunity to get my hands on a Charger SRT-8, which has 425 HP. That damn car has gotten my interest up ever since I've test-driven it. It will put you back in the seat, that's for sure.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I always wanted a fast car until I wanted a bike...

When I get a good pic I'll have to post my Beemer :finga:
Joe
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

suweeeet, I have always been a fan of BMW motorcycles. They just have a style to them that's appealing. Never had the opportunity to ride one, but I rode on the back of one, and they are fast! Nice choice in bikes Joe :)
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

killswitch83 wrote:Did you replace the stock supercharger, Nails? That seems like a good deal more HP than the stock supercharger that came with that model GTP.
Nah... stock supercharger is pretty decent. The Gen 5, which is on the 2004+ models, is more efficient and can produce higher boost numbers than mine can. Mine can efficiently produce 10-13lbs to see peek performance. You can do more with it, but it's worthless. The Gen 5 supercharger has seen up to 20lbs of boost which is sick. Superchargers generally are really efficient around 12lbs, turbos can produce more, which means higher HP, but not as fast. If you understand superchargers and turbos, you'll know what I mean.

Anyway, Let's see here. Stock pulley size on the supercharger is a 3.8" pulley. Putting on the next size pulley down, a 3.4", will produce - on a stock setup - approximately 30HP and 50lb/ft torque to the ground. This has been proven, and I will gladly show you a picture of the dyno on request. Anyway, I'm running a 3.25" pulley, and plan to go to a 3" pulley. So, you can imagine how much more power that is.

Then you go to the PCM (Powertrain control module). That's reprogrammed for 6300RPM shift, 6500RPM rev limiter. The governor is removed, increased timing, fuel adjusted, and many many more things done to it. Stock PCM's have the speed limiter set to 126MPH in the GTP with shifts at 5850RPM and a 6000RPM rev limiter. Hmm... why would I go with increased shift points? :oops:

Then we look at the intake. Yup, CAI (Cold air intake). That is far less restrictive than the silly stock airbox. Plus, you get to hear that neat supercharger wine now.

Well, at the throttle body, there is a little "computer" hooked up to the sensors. What does this do? I can adjust my air/fuel ratio on the fly. This ensures I don't run lean or rich.

Then, look at the manifolds. Oh, they say SLP on them. That isn't stock! Headers! Woah!! Free flowing exhaust helps so much now.

Ok, so let's take the engine apart. Look at the valve springs. Heavier! These puppies will take the punishment from the increased RPM's that will be placed on the engine. Why change these? If you don't, you'll get valve float and a spring will eventually break, causing metal to get thrown at the pistons, therefore chipping and destroying them.

Well, let's go further down the engine. Oh, this doesn’t look stock at all. A bigger cam! :mrgreen: Woot! This explains all the above! The cam has been known to throw 50 horse and a **** load of torque (no clue how much, 70-100lb/ft I think) to the ground on a near stock setup.

Yeah, you read that right, a stock setup. My car isn't near stock, so there are other things that will allow for more power.

So yeah, I got a few things done. Sorry for the longness of that, just felt like telling a story and getting you excited! :P
Apoptosis wrote:my neon is faster than your supercharged GTP :fin:

I believe GTP's came 240-hp with a supercharged 3.8L V6 from the factory till 2003 and then in 2004 they got 260-hp...

The 2004 Grand Prix GTP will sprint to 60 mph in 6.6 seconds, cover a quarter-mile in 15.0 seconds at 93 mph, and pull 0.81 g on the skidpad.

2004-2005 Grand Prix GTP:

Top speed : 138 mph(electronically limited)
0-60 mph : 6.6 sec.
0-¼ mile : 15.0 sec @ 93.0 mph
60-0 braking distance : 130 ft
200 ft skidpad : 0.81 g
Curb Weight : 3669 lbs
Base price : $25,860
Fat chance. I know neons from the factory, including your SRT-4, can't beat down a 350HP monster. :finga: Once I get money, time, and figure out why my car likes to misfire from time to time, I'll take her to the dyno. I know I can whoop down an LS1, I'm curious how I'd put up against an LS2. I think an LS2 would beat me, but I'd give him a good run. My car is an easy high 12 second car.
Dodge Neon SRT-4

Car and Driver: 0-60 in 5.6 seconds, top speed 153 mph
Sport Compact Car: 0-60 in 5.8 seconds, quarter mile 14.2 seconds.
My car is common to low 14's in the quarter from the factory. I do see that some SRT-4's can hit very very high 13's, and that's hardly faster than a GTP in stock form! :P

One last thing. The 2004+ models, yeah, GM is gay with the PCM. They pull so much power at the shifts, which gives increased times in the 1/4 mile. '97-'03 again commonly run low 14's in the 1/4. If you get a reprogrammed PCM, you'll see so much more of a power increase because they rid of GM's "pull 20-30% power at shift" BS.

Nate, get some mods on that thing and I KNOW those can be made fast as hell. They're so light!
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

:prayer: :prayer: someone here is either an automotive tech, or this is your secondary hobby! do you have forged components (rotating assy, etc.) for this boost, because you might need it to move to the 3" gear, considering you're going to have a shitload of boost going to that engine. I still like superchargers and blowers more so than turbos because of the spooling issue ( I know blowers and superchargers, with the exception of the centrifugal superchargers, can be parasitic due to running a belt and cogs, but it isn't that bad I don't believe). Hey, check this set-up out, I'm going to go all forged on my 350 I have now, and very cautiously try to set up a Weiland 871 blower (otherwise known as a Roots Blower). Going to go with probably a 120cc combustion chamber, don't know what size intake and exhaust valves yet, still looking. A 225/228, 510/510 cam might be in order, might go with better lift. Also gonna go with a 175 HP shot of Nos (direct port, but I might wait until I get that 572 crater that GM released not too long ago.) for intercooling effect. Going to couple that with a prog controller, a DFI setup like the Mastermind or Accel 7.0, beefier injectors, and a high-flow electronic fuel pump. BTW, the 572 with all these options can still run on pump gas, with good gas mileage surprisingly (around 20 mpg, maybe more), since car enthusiasts know that your fuel efficiency is only as good as your overall powertrain setup. This is my second love here, and believe it or not, all this is going into a 1989 GMC Suburban SLE. Also, billet accessories is a must on this one, especially the timing chain cover :mrgreen: . Tell me your recommendations on manufacturers. I already know I want to go with either Cyberdyne or Nordskog for my digital guages.
deadly-app
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by deadly-app »

lol apop hit what, a 12.9 when he last went to the track.