Need to move to new Web Host - Need recommendaitons

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
pastorjay
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Need to move to new Web Host - Need recommendaitons

Post by pastorjay »

I really need to move hosts soon. Cost is a big factor for me, as my job situation is changing here soon. I need a decent host, mainly for blog and family stuff. What are the recommendations/deals you have seen lately?

Thanks in advance!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need to move to new Web Host - Need recommendaitons

Post by Apoptosis »

http://www.powweb.com/ - only $4.88 a month
http://mediatemple.net/webhosting/ - only $20 a month, but a faster grid-service that can handle a Digg attack...

If you don't think you'll be getting big traffic then something like powweb is the way to go. Hard to beat $58.56 a year for a site with unlimited data transfer. Wish I got unlimited for LR.... Just had to purchase another monthly 1000GB to handle the growth. When I started the site I never thought it would be doing TB's of bandwidth a month with just text and images.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

As competition to powweb, I've also used godaddy for hosting and seems to work well enough for cheap hosting.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
pastorjay
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by pastorjay »

Thanks for all the recommendations. I have heard a lot of good about media temple, but it is way to much for what I do, and really, with my job situation at the moment. I had PowWeb many, many years ago and they were pretty good. I actually went with Dreamhost, mainly because of the price. I got in on a deal for $2.25 a month that gives me unlimited bandwidth and disk space (I am sure there is some type of cap on there... seems there really always is...) it seems to be fine so far. MUCH faster than Netfirms was. They were DOG slow!