Happy Chinese New Year 2010 - The Year of The Tiger

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Happy Chinese New Year 2010 - The Year of The Tiger

Post by Apoptosis »

The first day of the Chinese New year 2010 is Sunday, Feb 14, 2010 - the year of the Tiger, according to the Chinese Zodiac. It is said that the Chinese Zodiac which designates the lunar new year cycle was introduced by Emperor Huang Ti in 2600 BC. Thus the year 2010 on the western calendar is the Chinese lunar year 4708. By tradition, there is a Spring festival that lasts 7 to 15 days to start the new year. Twelve animal names are used in the Chinese Lunar calendar to represent a 12 year cycle. This year's animal, the Tiger, is the third in the cycle, following the Rat and the Ox.
2010_tiger.jpg
2010_tiger.jpg (22.02 KiB) Viewed 3643 times
Tigers are physically powerful, gracious, independent and brave, they are extremely bold animals. They are friendly and loving but can also selfish and short tempered. Tigers seek attention and power; frequently they are envious in a relation. Tigers live dangerously which often leads to trouble. They are intolerant, take risks and are always searching for excitement. Tigers are also instilled with a good dose of courage. The Tiger has an overpowering attraction and is very kind and always takes on the character as protector. The Tiger flourishes by power and attention and takes advantage of all circumstances it gets itself into. The Tiger is a natural leader and loves to be the center of attention. As a rebel it goes up against authority and speaks out about wrongs in society, and willingly puts up objections. Even if you don’t agree with the beliefs of the tiger you admire his way to protest.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
geokilla

Re: Happy Chinese New Year 2010 - The Year of The Tiger

Post by geokilla »

新年快樂!!! It means Happy New Year!

Sun Tai Geen Hong. Lung Ma Jing Sun. Chut Yup Ping Ngon.
Ok bad ping yum >.< To those that can understand what I tried to say, fix the ping yum? lol
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!
crowTrobot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by crowTrobot »

Happy Year of the Tiger!

Jodox
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Jodox »

Happy Chinese New years to everyone too.

And to geokilla, its called Pin yin and refers to mandarin to english. What you put was cantonese and that doesn't have an official pin yin anyways. Pretty sure anyone who speaks canto would understand that perfectly fine.
Sapientun
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sapientun »

Happy Chinese New year 2010 people :supz:
geokilla

Post by geokilla »

Jodox wrote:Happy Chinese New years to everyone too.

And to geokilla, its called Pin yin and refers to mandarin to english. What you put was cantonese and that doesn't have an official pin yin anyways. Pretty sure anyone who speaks canto would understand that perfectly fine.
Lol... CBC ftw? I failed that too but at least someone got my Canto =P. I wonder how many LR members are Chinese or Asian...
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.16V (CPU-Z + LinX)
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H F14 BIOS
ASUS GTX 460 768MB @ 800/1950
Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB @ DDR-1333
Corsair AX750
Crucial M4 128GB
Western Digital Black 1TB
Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
BenQ E2420HD
---------------------
I AM CANADIAN!