Clients From Hell

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Clients From Hell

Post by DMB2000uk »

For any of you who's work revolves around doing work for clients, I'm sure you can relate to the stories on here:

http://clientsfromhell.tumblr.com/

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Clients From Hell

Post by bubba »

Thats funny right there. :lol:

And for those who don't work with clients, this stuff happens with all clients. When I was in engineering (mechanical) I dealt with all kinds of weird request. One was that all wiring for the machine was to be done in the same color wire, green so it would match the color of the machine.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
crowTrobot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by crowTrobot »

awesome site. lol thanks

ugh. My most common and annoying one whenever I build systems for people (I do it for free).

me: "Just throw out a ballpark budget that you want to spend on this thing so I can start to put together a parts list"
client: "don't worry I have a lot of money, I just want the best"
me: "just tell me what you primarily want this system for and the amount you are willing to spend just so we don't go over the limit"
(this repeats for a while)
me: "ok how about I put together a list for a basic system for around $1,000..."
client: "$1000?!?!? That's expensive for a computer!"
me: "F.M.L."
Krab
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Krab »

crowTrobot wrote:awesome site. lol thanks

ugh. My most common and annoying one whenever I build systems for people (I do it for free).

me: "Just throw out a ballpark budget that you want to spend on this thing so I can start to put together a parts list"
client: "don't worry I have a lot of money, I just want the best"
me: "just tell me what you primarily want this system for and the amount you are willing to spend just so we don't go over the limit"
(this repeats for a while)
me: "ok how about I put together a list for a basic system for around $1,000..."
client: "$1000?!?!? That's expensive for a computer!"
me: "F.M.L."
You should add that to the FML website, sounds pretty annoying.
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

One of my favorites

"I need a website. The information on the website is top secret, so I need it to only be up during business hours, as to avoid hackers and competition from getting hold of the information. I’d also prefer we hosted it on a Mac."
techking13
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by techking13 »

Why do people think working with photoshop is always perfect, is easy, and is fast. IT ISN'T!!!
crowTrobot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by crowTrobot »

lol that reminds me, my mom handed me a really old photo of my grandmother as a kid to restore in Photoshop. Except there is a giant hole in the photograph where her entire head is.

lol I think people sometimes think technology is magic.
techking13
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by techking13 »

crowTrobot wrote:lol that reminds me, my mom handed me a really old photo of my grandmother as a kid to restore in Photoshop. Except there is a giant hole in the photograph where her entire head is.

lol I think people sometimes think technology is magic.
Hehe, good luck with that.