Robin Williams for Pres

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
rayoflight
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:04 pm

Robin Williams for Pres

Post by rayoflight » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:42 pm

Even if he's nuts! Leave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan. What we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message.

Robin Williams' plan...(Hard to argue with this logic!)

"I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."

1) "The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Tojo, Noriega, Milosevic, Hussein, and the rest of those 'good ole boys', we will never "interfere" again.

2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea, the Middle East, and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one allowed sneaking through holes in the fence.

3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of whom or where they are. They're illegal!!! France will welcome them.

4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit!!!! No one from a terrorist nation will be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.

5) No foreign "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.

6) The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing nonpolluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.

7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)

8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides most of what we give them are stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.

9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.

10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE...Now, isn't that a winner of a plan?

"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying 'Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'you want a piece of me?' "

User avatar
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:39 am
Location: Northern Michigan
Contact:

Post by gvblake22 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:51 pm

hmmm, that's an interesting take on the current state of our country and the world. I would actually agree with many of those points, but many of the others still need some work...

User avatar
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer
Posts: 4703
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 10:24 am
Location: STL

Post by bubba » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:47 am

The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE
if you want to live here learn to speak the language, any where in the world you have speak their language or you get nothing, why should the U.S. be any differant.

LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1741
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 11:25 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Post by LVCapo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:53 am

Man, I don't like Robin Williams.....but if thats his platform, he has my vote right now......I would definitely support him for President

jigr69
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:22 am
Location: Daventry, UK.

Post by jigr69 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:13 am

Its no different her in the UK as to languages, many of the people here claiming benefits from abroad speak no english! In schools depending on where you live can depend on how your child learns. One example: in London a man withdrew his children from school as they were speaking better Hindu than English. Or an English child which was sent home for not having a prayer mat!

This isn't solely an American problem, we share many of your traits. And if Robin Williams ran for Prime Minister in the UK, he'd get my vote straight away!
Pentium IV | 3.3GHz | 1024MB DDR 400 | 74GB Raptor | NVidia 6600 AGP 256MB

LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1741
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 11:25 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Post by LVCapo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:30 am

Do you think Britain will be changing their welfare system and immigrant procedures after the 7/7 attacks? I was reading that almost all of the terrorists were living off the state leading up to the attacks.....and several muslim extremists do that as well.

User avatar
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 2302
Joined: Thu May 06, 2004 9:48 pm
Location: Back Woods Of MO.

Post by Bio-Hazard » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:23 am

Lets have a special election TOMORROW.............. :shock:

jigr69
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:22 am
Location: Daventry, UK.

Post by jigr69 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:11 am

I somehow doubt that the UK will be changing the benefit / immigrant systems after the attacks on the 7/7, I would like to see a points system as required in many countries (Canada, Australia and New Zealand) for immigrants from any country.

But we have our hands tied by the European Union and the European Court of Law and as such cannot do things such as expel people who we know to be a security risk to the country. People who are barred from France (they ignore the European courts when it suits them to), are routinely let into this country, as we believe that until someone commits a crime, they are free to stay.

One thing from the European Court of Law which is always overlooked is immgration, alledgely an immigrant has to claim asluym at the first European country he enters. But we routinely have immgrants travelling though many european countries till they get to the UK. The french even built an immigration housing center right next door to the channel tunnel. A short walk, over a fence, onto a train, and 20 minutes later, you are in England.

So in short, we are just as soft, even more so, than the USA...
Pentium IV | 3.3GHz | 1024MB DDR 400 | 74GB Raptor | NVidia 6600 AGP 256MB

User avatar
mongol05
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:24 am
Location: Longview, TX, USA
Contact:

Post by mongol05 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:34 am

bubba wrote:
The Language we speak is ENGLISH...learn it...or LEAVE
if you want to live here learn to speak the language, any where in the world you have speak their language or you get nothing, why should the U.S. be any differant.
Because we don't have a national language. English is just the most common language spoken. Orginally, our national language was going to be german.

Also, you'll note that most other countries learn english in addition to their national language. Why? Because Americans are too stubborn to adjust.
Porthos
Asus M2N SLI Deluxe | Athlon 64 X2 4200+ | 2 GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 | eVGA Geforce 7900 GT 256 MB
Athos
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939 | Athlon 64 3000+ | 1 GB PNY PC3200 | eVGA Geforce 6800 128 MB

User avatar
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1269
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by sbohdan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:52 am

jigr69 wrote:
So in short, we are just as soft, even more so, than the USA...

and so you guys also have a big problem. the above program is the best I have ever heard before. it might sound a bit extreme to some but we all see the effect of being soft- others use you and abuse you. if this program would become reality (dream on...), then the US would really become one of the best countries in the world. unfortunatelly politicians made this mess on purpose so to make citizens to busy with these problems instead of focusing more on their (politicians) criminal activities...
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, MSI Tomahawk B350, Ryzen 1700X @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36, MSI GTX 1060 3GT OC, Asus 24" 1ms 144hz, Intel P7600 256Gb nvme PCiE, Samsung 2TB; PC P&C 750W, Win10 Pro 64
Laptop: Dell XPS 1530 (T9500; 4GB 800 RAM; 120GB Crucial SSD; 8600GT; WIN7 64bit)
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=

User avatar
Amy
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:46 pm
Location: Wright City, Missouri
Contact:

Post by Amy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:24 pm

mongol05 wrote:Also, you'll note that most other countries learn english in addition to their national language. Why? Because Americans are too stubborn to adjust.
Have you forgotten that America is not the only nation that speaks English? Many countries began speaking English because of British rule (India, Australia, Ireland, Scotland, etc.) Now that those countries are independent (for the most part), it is still easier to do business and such in English because that is what is most common. It has nothing to do with "Americans are too stubborn to adjust." Granted, I think it is a shame that schools are just now teaching foreign languages at an early age, but who is going to set the precedent for what language everyone in America should learn? Or are you suggesting that Americans should be taught the languages of every country that requires English as a second language?

rayoflight
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:04 pm

Post by rayoflight » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:14 pm

I am kind of surprised out of all of that the speaking English subject is tops. Remember this is what was said: "I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace. So, here's one plan."
In this "plan" of his #1-9 I thought were far more important points than someone speaking English or not. This is more talking about foreigners coming into our country and we have a crappy process of screening these people and they are allowed to stay here and reap benefits that they are not entitled to. The not speaking English is just a sidebar/annoying yes...but more importantly we need a better process of letting people in and how long they can stay.

LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1741
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 11:25 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Post by LVCapo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:50 pm

I'm personally getting tired of all these people thinking America has to adjust to them, that we need to financially support them, cave to their wants and whims. Countries like China, Russia, France, and Germany aren't concerned about our involvement around the world.....they want to see us fail, why? Because they want to be in our position, making important decisions, benefitting from strength. I love these people that talk about how those countries get it and we don't. No, thoose people don't get it, those countries just want what we have.
We are always the first to help out when others need or want help. we are always expected to forgive their debts, people love to criticize us.....but I'm worn out on it. why should we reward countries who don't make the changes necessary to fix their problems? How many times do we have to give Africa and other poor countries money, or forgive their debt, only to have them wate the money through corruption or poor management? Why should we help these middle eastern countries that turn around and back stab us repeatedly? We keep half of those corrupt "Regimes" in power by paying $70 a barrel for oil.
On the home front....English is our official language, live it, learn it....I like people learning foreign languages, I learned french ( Military reasons, but I hate the Frogs). I'm tired of everything here being printed in Spanglish and English. I'm tired of immigration. My major gripe with our President is his refusal to do anything about illegals from Mexico. he says that they ony take the jobs that no one else wants....which is bull****....they only take the jobs no one else will do for peanuts. If those jobs paid decently, people would take them and do them.
Last edited by LVCapo on Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rayoflight
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:04 pm

Post by rayoflight » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:53 pm

Well said, Capper. You get it. :)

Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:09 am

Post by Nobahar » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:52 pm

I'm surprised all you guys are supporting. I disagree with alot of his points, mostly on the premise that America is a country of immigrants- if you want to change that philosophy around and be less 'soft' as you put it, then you're doing a great injustice to democracy and what it means to be America.

His first point is sarcastic. The illegal alien situation must be dealt with on a more or less case by case issue, you want to prevent them from getting in- but you never want to close your doors out on them. If a young foreign boy stopped at your door and was obviously alone without parents, barely knew how to speak the language, and clearly desperate and starving- he's suggesting we just send him back to wherever he was fleeing. And that can't be the right thing to do.

All the foreign students he suggest sending away are pretty much half of professional America in terms of engineers, programmers, and even doctors. Or they are the fathers of the future professionals.

No one from a terrorist nation is the most clearly racist thing he wrote there. He obviously means Arabs and the Middle East. And the terrorists and extremists are a minority. You don't call Ireland a terrorist nation cause of some shitheads.

I'm not a diehard liberal about Alaska. But drilling will clearly cause irreversable changes to the environment there, for oil that probably won't last long if the demand keeps increasing. It just will make the guys who have permission to drill in Alaska thousands of times richer than Microsoft in the meantime.

When countries refuse to sell us oil for 10 dollars a barrel, we'll go into some sort of economic disaster in what happens to a transportationless society when oil runs out.

For natural disasters, we're lucky we're in a rich nation- if a hurricane hit Africa, it would be the equivalent of genocide on the people if no one helps. Turning your back on someone is as good as shooting them.

10 is pretty stupid too.

This is hopefully a joke, it isn't about being hard or soft- it's about being democratic or the fucktheworld attitude that is causing terrorism in the first place. Iran hates us because the CIA helped reinstate a monarchy that they had revolted against. They found out about it when they revolted the second time.

User avatar
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1747
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:45 pm
Location: South Carolina

Post by killswitch83 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:14 pm

::puts on Flak Jacket like 50 Cent:: Man oh man, this is turning out to be quite a discussion here. Personally, I'm tired of hearing about all the bull**** about paying 70 frickin dollars a barrel for crude, about the entire world, minus maybe Britain and Tony Blair's crew, talking that **** about "ohh we're gonna nuke your ass, kiss your democracy goodbye" and "praise be to Allah, we blow your frickin country up now" and even "I want a recount in a fricking state I lost fair and square by a million votes" (talking about whiny-ass Skerry, lil fudge-packing bastard), tired of this country running out of jobs while people who worked hard all their lives lose their homes because some stupid-ass retail chain wants to put a store where their house is, and most of all, I'm tired of all the obstructionism caused by the "oppposition party", aka the Minority Party (Dumbocraps) that prevents good bills from getting through Congress, that allows activist judges like George Greer put innocents to death for the profit of an evil estranged husband; I'm just plain tired, and I'm surprised that a good deal of Americans let things like this slide each day because of the "leftist" media drawing their attention away from it, not to mention the growing epidemic of obesity and political corruptness, all to put a slimy, immoral buck in someone's back pocket. As far as power goes, why don't we utilize our military for useful homeland security and set up nuclear power plants to replace fuel-powered electric plants (use the military personnel to guard the grounds and reactors, trained Marines, throw a few Berets in there too for good measure, and how bout a few SEALS too, that way it would be damn hard for terrorists to sneak up on the guards and overtake the facility. And on top of that, just make fully-electric automobiles that utilize something similar to the Synergy drive found in Toyota Hybrids that lets the vehicles recharge themselves. All I know is that if we keep going at the pace we're going, helping people we have no business helping and sticking our heads in the sand, this once-great country will be nothing more than ashes.
Image

LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1741
Joined: Tue May 04, 2004 11:25 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Post by LVCapo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:36 pm

Nobahar wrote:I'm surprised all you guys are supporting. I disagree with alot of his points, mostly on the premise that America is a country of immigrants- if you want to change that philosophy around and be less 'soft' as you put it, then you're doing a great injustice to democracy and what it means to be America.

His first point is sarcastic. The illegal alien situation must be dealt with on a more or less case by case issue, you want to prevent them from getting in- but you never want to close your doors out on them. If a young foreign boy stopped at your door and was obviously alone without parents, barely knew how to speak the language, and clearly desperate and starving- he's suggesting we just send him back to wherever he was fleeing. And that can't be the right thing to do.

All the foreign students he suggest sending away are pretty much half of professional America in terms of engineers, programmers, and even doctors. Or they are the fathers of the future professionals.

No one from a terrorist nation is the most clearly racist thing he wrote there. He obviously means Arabs and the Middle East. And the terrorists and extremists are a minority. You don't call Ireland a terrorist nation cause of some shitheads.

I'm not a diehard liberal about Alaska. But drilling will clearly cause irreversable changes to the environment there, for oil that probably won't last long if the demand keeps increasing. It just will make the guys who have permission to drill in Alaska thousands of times richer than Microsoft in the meantime.

When countries refuse to sell us oil for 10 dollars a barrel, we'll go into some sort of economic disaster in what happens to a transportationless society when oil runs out.

For natural disasters, we're lucky we're in a rich nation- if a hurricane hit Africa, it would be the equivalent of genocide on the people if no one helps. Turning your back on someone is as good as shooting them.

10 is pretty stupid too.

This is hopefully a joke, it isn't about being hard or soft- it's about being democratic or the fucktheworld attitude that is causing terrorism in the first place. Iran hates us because the CIA helped reinstate a monarchy that they had revolted against. They found out about it when they revolted the second time.
First of all, america is not a democracy, its a representative republic.....add to that the fact we have gotten so far away from what this country was established for.
when it comes to education, maybe if we focused more on education, and opened up some of these schools like Stanford, Cal, etc to people from our own country.....our country would be in better shape. The problem is, a majority of the slots at some of these colleges go to kids from over seas....I understand we are the standard for higher learning, but maybe if we stressed education for our kids, and reserved our schools to bettering them, we would be a lot better off.
As for immigration, I would definitely send that kid back across the border. If he wants a better life, or wants freedom or success....make a difference in your own country, make it a place people want to live.....don't ruin your country, then come here and crap on our welfare and medical systems.
We have enough fuel reserves to sustain us for quite awhile, and with the government looking at converting coal into gasoline again (they dropped the idea because it wasn't feasible until gas hit $32 a barrel) we could manage. We need to start playing hardball with these backwards ass monkeys.
I'm not saying tyurn your back on them, my point was I'm tired of us ghiving so much to these countries, only to have them mismanage the money, or lose it through corruption, or after we help them they turnm around and **** all over us.
First, they need to stop breeding like rabbits, then they need to help themselves a bit.
Your Iran argument is ridulkous, maybe 20 yrs ago it made sense, but it comes down to idealism, these people hate our culture, they hate everything we stand for, and there is no negotiating with them.
I'm just being honest here, but ideaistic people like you really piss me off....in a perfect world some of what you say makes sense, but in the real world it doesn't work.We can't keep supporting country after country because they are too stupid or too lazy to wipe their own asses. We have to do whats best for our country, keep it strong in the world, if we don't then China, Russia, Germany, etc will be all too willing to step up and take our place.

As to killswitch, nuclear energy would solve a lot f issues.....but thanks to the tree huggers (who think we should all smell bad, have lots of hair, and collect welfare) we can't build anything outside of a few solar panels to power our country, if we could find a way to turn weed or pituli (sp) into fuel, they would be all for it. As to homeland security, Spec Ops isn't designed or trained for guard duty, plus you run into the issue of using soldiers on our own soil, which wouldn't fly.

User avatar
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 1747
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:45 pm
Location: South Carolina

Post by killswitch83 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:52 pm

oh, didn't know that about the Spec Ops, always useful info; but that is my answer to the energy problems we're encountering; we would need some sort of maximum security implementation to make that work, which of course we would probably never get because of our politicians liking to put the "BIG OINK" into many of our spending bills (read pork barrel spending); I mean hell, what would it take to get some halfway decent politicians (excuse me, not politicians, those bastards have their own personal agendas, I mean people who actually give a damn about this country, its falling economy (though still strong the whole situation of things can drain us quickly, not to mention the old alike), and most of all, have the patriotism to stand up to these bureaucratic assholes who think the best way to solve problems at home is to solve everyone else's and tell them the truth: "take care of the problems at home, let the other countries take care of their own damn problems". I personally believe that we have problems right here at home with terrorism (those looters, rapists, and murderers in the wake of Katrina mean anything?) and not to mention sleeper cells that have taken up residence in our country, it's educational institutions, and its financial institutions even like a "naughty" TSR takes residence in DOS and destroys the computer from the inside out, that's how this country will be destroyed if we don't take care of our problems here, cut and dry. I believe in realistic solutions to problems facing every American here, not the "what if" solutions and the "it's coming, eventually" solutions, I'm talking about the "right f**king now" solutions. Although there is one thing I believe the Southeast got right, as 1 in 3 residents have a handgun; if gun control policy is loosened for the non-felons, the people who haven't committed heinous crimes against humanity, the crime rate would go down because the "victims" would be "victims" no more, or more specifically, "victims" with Desert Eagle .357's, AR-15's, AK-47's, M-16's, and hell I wouldn't mind seeing an RPG or rocket launcher show up in law-abiding citizens' hands for defensive purposes, that would keep would-be felons at bay; hell, just for kicks, wire a high voltage, high amperage fence charger to each of your doors, and wire each link to the anti-theft system, so when a thief went to steal a car, he would be in for one hell of a surprise. Now I know some of the **** I'm talking about is bordering on anarchy and even stupidity, but something has to be done about the Homeland, because the govt. hasn't been all that efficient about it IMHO.
Image

Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
Posts: 459
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:09 am

Post by Nobahar » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:16 pm

capper5016 wrote:Your Iran argument is ridulkous, maybe 20 yrs ago it made sense, but it comes down to idealism, these people hate our culture, they hate everything we stand for, and there is no negotiating with them.
I'm not gonna respond to everything, it'd just require and overwhelming amount of effort into a response that probably would do little to change your opinion. But I'd like to address this one-

They don't hate our culture. I know because I've been there. They don't hate everything we stand for. Firstly you're mixing up the governments sentiments. Just cause Bush says something doesn't automatically mean everyone in the country shares that opinion. Same thing goes for the Iranian people vs. the Iranian government.

I'm pretty ******* cynical, not idealistic. Argue all you want against Bush or for any idea, it won't change a damn thing. I'm arguing for the sake of having a discussion.

Ethically I'm just suggesting that you can't adopt a ****-em-all attitude and be doing the right thing at the same time. We are not in an age of isolation, all our countries are connected and integrated- in economies, ideas, people, business- in just about everything.

If anything, you're being idealistic to think that shutting our doors and minding our own business will help solve anything.

Soliex
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:05 am
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Post by Soliex » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:19 pm

The main reason why most other countries force thier children to learn english is because at one time America was number 1 for technology, and we are slacking there and japan is becomming better. So in 10-30 years maybe well all be forced to learn japanese?

Post Reply