COLUMBIA, MO - SWAT Kills Dog While Entering House

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

COLUMBIA, MO - SWAT Kills Dog While Entering House

Post by Apoptosis »

Missouri is in the news again...

PLEASE DON'T WATCH THIS IF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS OFFENDS YOU OR UPSETS YOU...

COLUMBIA, Mo - The shooting death of a pit bull in a SWAT team raid is bringing about policy changes in the Columbia, Missouri Police Department.

A SWAT team raided a home in Columbia and during the raid, shot and killed the family's pit bull. They also shot and injured a corgi. YouTube video of the raid shows a child was also in the home at the time.

The police chief is backing up his officers' actions.

"Every indicator to me shows that this was a justifiable shooting. The dog was aggressive and the dog got shot," Chief Ken Burton said.

The Columbia Daily Tribune reports that SWAT officers found a grinder, a pipe and a small amount of marijuana in the home.

Columbia's mayor said changes will be made to the policy police officers follow when executing a search warrant.

The video belong contains strong language:

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: COLUMBIA, MO - SWAT Kills Dog While Entering House

Post by bubba »

"He was trying to play with you"..... like a chew toy maybe.

Imagine the law suite if they got the wrong house. Happened more then once in STL they raid the house next to the one they meant to raid.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

That is the noise I hate most in the world is a hurt dog. I couldnt stand the video.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

..the sound made me sick..this video shouldn't even exist ...All for a damn plant..

EDIT:.My apologies for the earlier outburst if anyone saw it.. I deleted the removal request...It's up to you Nate on that part. I just got extremely extremely upset at the video
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

All this for a search warrant and only to find a small amount of marijuana. I wonder what the allegations were on this guy did to get his house raided the way it did. It seemed a little extreme to me.
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Wow. I always feel for the kids with crap like that.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
~Bertrand Russell
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

InspectahACE wrote:..the sound made me sick..this video shouldn't even exist ...All for a damn plant..

EDIT:.My apologies for the earlier outburst if anyone saw it.. I deleted the removal request...It's up to you Nate on that part. I just got extremely extremely upset at the video
I didn't see it, but no worries.... I added a disclaimer up top saying please don't watch it if things like this upset you... I posted this video as I was upset as well and if you don't know about it you'd never know stuff like this happens... all over a little pot? Who knows what the original charge was, but I hope it was more than recreational use only.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Yea man, I thought it would kind of bother me, but I had no idea that it had everything on the mic. I guess ever since i heard one of my previous dogs yell out in a similar manner(but in no way an urgent manner like that poor dog) it just touched a nerve I didn't think was there.
Apoptosis wrote:I posted this video as I was upset as well and if you don't know about it you'd never know stuff like this happens
that's the kick in the sack right there, if it wasn't known , it would just keep on happening elsewhere possibly. So unfortunately for the dog, but luckily for more, this may never happen again(hopefully).
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

that poor dog :cry: i hate that crying as the poor thing is in pain and then bang :( the swat should be getting some sort of penalty for that!
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

Apoptosis wrote:
InspectahACE wrote:..the sound made me sick..this video shouldn't even exist ...All for a damn plant..

I didn't see it, but no worries.... I added a disclaimer up top saying please don't watch it if things like this upset you... I posted this video as I was upset as well and if you don't know about it you'd never know stuff like this happens... all over a little pot? Who knows what the original charge was, but I hope it was more than recreational use only.

Yeah, it seemed a bit excessive over a little pot. I'm sure there was more to the story, there always is. What I always question is the killing of animals. When they kill a "civilian" dog it's perfectly okay. But if a criminal kills a "police" dog, then it's murdering an officer (at least in some areas).
~Bertrand Russell
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

DJ Tucker wrote:that poor dog :cry: i hate that crying as the poor thing is in pain and then bang :( the swat should be getting some sort of penalty for that!
I didn't watch the whole thing. You're saying that the dog was shot twice then?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Sporg wrote:Yeah, it seemed a bit excessive over a little pot. I'm sure there was more to the story, there always is. What I always question is the killing of animals. When they kill a "civilian" dog it's perfectly okay. But if a criminal kills a "police" dog, then it's murdering an officer (at least in some areas).
He could be a suspected dealer, just happen to be low on stash when he got raided.

And the dog being shot in a raid will be looked at the same if anyone in the house came down the hall with a weapon and they shot them. There is no vid of the dog or how he was acting, so who knows.

A cop raiding a house and come up on a dog, sees a bread known for violence and used as guard dogs for dealers, you don't know what the dog has been trained to do. It attacks, its going down.

Imagine the news and people in arms if the Pit attacked the officer. News would eat that up, and the Pit haters would come out of the wood work.

I'm not being a heartless s.o.b., I've had dogs, many actually. One was killed by a crazy neighbor, poison in her water bowl she looked just like Cujo. Couple of mut farm dogs that died of old age, one that got into it with a coon. He wasn't quite right after that. I had to put him down when cornered one of the little cousins in the barn and turn on me and my grandad when we yelled at him. Yeah it sucked, yeah I miss him. Haven't had a dog since.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Sporg
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sporg »

I hear ya. I understand why the dog was shot. And how many gadgets is the lead man on a breach team supposed to have? lol

So here's something that happened to a buddy of mine last year. He's in his early 50's and owns a construction company. He came home on a Saturday evening after fishing to find a crap load of sheriff's deputies all over his property (he lives outside of city limits). They had torn up his yard with their vehicles and were all over the place. The first deputies he encountered ordered him off the property until all was clear (apparently they were in pursuit of a suspect and ended up on his property). My friend identified himself and told them to get the hell off his property. He's a big burly guy who doesn't take crap from anyone, one of those old school dudes you just don't mess with. So while he's getting into it with some of the deputies the K9 dog jumps all over his dog. So my buddy starts yelling at the K9 guy to pull the dog off, but the guy is just laughing (the dogs weren't playing). Mark then shoved past the deputies and picked up a 2x4 that he had on the ground and smashed it into the K9 dog. I think this is the point where he was gang-tackled.

Now here's where it gets good. His best friend is the county sheriff. By the time it was all said and done deputies repaired the lawn damage (on their days off) from their vehicles and no charges against my friend were filed. Also, the suspect was not on his property. No vehicle or anything was recovered, the whole thing was odd.
~Bertrand Russell